• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's Your Aussie Ashes Squad?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heartbreak = Doug Bollinger for mone.

Bolter? Krezy maybe. Can't think of many (but that's why they're bolters I guess).

howardj

International Coach
It's so anticipated - it changes player's lives.

The nadir of my cricket life was back in Uni in 1997, walking down to my car, when the news broke of Hayden's ommssion.

They said three Qlder's had made the squad...I got my hopes up.. but alas they went onto name them - Hayden, Kasprowicz...and Bichel. :(

Andre

International Regular
Will be interesting to see AB's bolter on the Fox Sports Website - could be someone like Burt ****ley or Steve Smith I reckon...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems to be some good press for Symonds being in today, and especially with Ponting coming out in his corner. So I think Watson for heartbreak.

For bolter, Allan Border reckons Jon Holland apparently. Now that really would be a bolter.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Roy gets picked, Ponting & the selectors need to sent to the rassclathh guillotine...
Symonds is almost impossible to like, lacking in class, lucky, a bully, physically intimidating, ill-disciplined and generally a bit of an asshole. But you sure as hell would rather he was being an asshole on your team than on the other. He should certainly go to the Ashes IMO.

howardj

International Coach
It will be a squad of 16

Virtually ensures Manou's inclusion.

This is the 16 that I think will be chosen.

God
Clarke
Katich
Hughes
Hussey
North
Watson
MacDonald
Haddin
Manou
Hauritz
Clark
Lee
Hilfenhorse
Siddle
Johnson

No Symonds, Hodge or Bollinger.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What time BST is the Aussie squad announced? Or rather, by the time I get to work (say 7.50) tomorrow, it will be named right?

In fact if it's anything like when they announce England squads it might be in the next hour or so? Might stay up if so

howardj

International Coach
Symonds is almost impossible to like, lacking in class, lucky, a bully, physically intimidating, ill-disciplined and generally a bit of an asshole. But you sure as hell would rather he was being an asshole on your team than on the other. He should certainly go to the Ashes IMO.
Not really.

His form in the longer form of the game stinks.

He's not a walk up start to the Test team even before his dip in form.

Plus, his attitude stinks since he signed with IPL at the start of last year.

Should, and I suspect will be, overlooked for the Test component of the tour.