• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pom's already getting desperate.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
:yawn: Borcich has a rival for most inadequate poster. Almost as poor as that article he's linked to.

Strauss has nothing on Leon Pryce, either.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Having heard Strauss speak many times, I find that difficult to believe. It is about the most un-Strauss thing that he could possibly same.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I love the way the paper responds to supposedly immature comments from England by basically saying the exact same thing about Australia.

The idiots are once again starting to come out of the woodwork now the Ashes is on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
steds said:
:yawn: Borcich has a rival for most inadequate poster. Almost as poor as that article he's linked to.

Strauss has nothing on Leon Pryce, either.
He doesn't rival him, he blows him away

BoyBrumby

Englishman
silentstriker said:
Freddie's a big guy.
Quite. Langer might be a black belt in Origami or whatever, but a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un.

I think only Hayden or McGrath would give Fred a run for his money from the current team, although I'd reckon Symonds is fairly butch too.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Quite. Langer might be a black belt in Origami or whatever, but a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un.

I think only Hayden or McGrath would give Fred a run for his money from the current team, although I'd reckon Symonds is fairly butch too.
Didn't Ponting famously belt a Union player while on the sauce at a pub once?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Didn't Ponting famously belt a Union player while on the sauce at a pub once?
Even more famously got belted by a tranny during his "portrait of the artist as a young piss-artist" phase tho. :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Even more famously got belted by a tranny during his "portrait of the artist as a young piss-artist" phase tho. :p
Indeed, but Ponting strikes me as the sort who wouldn't be averse to throwing hands, even now. I don't see McGrath as particularly intimidating though. Like Stuart Clark, he's big but doesn't seem the fighting type.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Indeed, but Ponting strikes me as the sort who wouldn't be averse to throwing hands, even now. I don't see McGrath as particularly intimidating though. Like Stuart Clark, he's big but doesn't seem the fighting type.
I'd agree with Clark, he was studying finance before he went full-time as a cricketer I think & one rarely finds rock-hard accountants. I reckon Glen could handle himself tho, country NSW boy, grew up wrestling 'roos, probly... :p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I'd agree with Clark, he was studying finance before he went full-time as a cricketer I think & one rarely finds rock-hard accountants. I reckon Glen could handle himself tho, country NSW boy, grew up wrestling 'roos, probly... :p
Maybe it's the permanant grin and the attitude, but I just don't see Glenn as all that aggressive. I don't see Harmison that way either, but maybe that's just because he seems like such a weakling when he's getting smashed around. :p

Flintoff would happily smash your head into the pavement though, and I think Simon Jones and KP would be fighters too. Geraint and Giles not so much.

For Australia, definitely Hayden and Ponting, and then you'd be looking at Symonds and perhaps Langer. A lot of the guys in the current team don't seem that hard though, like Clarke, Watson, Martyn, Hussey and Gilchrist. You'd want to draft in the likes of Bichel and Tait for your fighting XI.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
You see when I look at at McGrath I don't really see a hard man at all, I think he'd bloody leg it, but I've got that kind of thing very worng before...

FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't see Harmison that way either, but maybe that's just because he seems like such a weakling when he's getting smashed around. :p

KP would be fighters too.
That's because Harmisson's a mental midget.

KP? :laugh: I assume that's a sarcastic joke? That big girl would be worried about breaking a nail.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BingLeeElectric said:
That's because Harmisson's a mental midget.

KP? :laugh: I assume that's a sarcastic joke? That big girl would be worried about breaking a nail.
KP has a massive ego. Not met chavs?

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Indeed, but Ponting strikes me as the sort who wouldn't be averse to throwing hands, even now.
More like jazz hands while he was getting repeatedly snotted. Although it should be said that some transsexuals can be formidable opponents.