• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's end this - will Vaughan play or not?

WIll Michael Vaughan play or not?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
Ok let's see if Michael Vaughan will play any part in the Ashes, doespite what the theories go.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It depends on the scoreline. If Aus are up when Vaughan is fit, there's a chance he plays. If it's a tie, or England are up, then he won't play.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he'll be around in the background giving advice and stuff, but i can't see him being risked.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The only way I could really see him appearing is if we're a test down after the first three & need to win one of the last two to retain the urn. If we're ahead or have been squarely corn-holed I can't see him being risked.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
really not sure at this stage, it all depends on how the top-order goes & if he really is fit enough to play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't see him playing either way. If we're behind, why send in a player who might not last the five days? If we're ahead, why change a winning team?

Sure, if/when Vuaghan is fit again, he's back in the side and Captaining us again, but you don't risk it in a series this big.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he doesn't, it will cause too much discomfort amongst the side and would be too disruptive.

Josh

International Regular
He's here to support the side. Playing him underdone and unfit is just illogical. Vaughan will NOT play in this series.