Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 208

Thread: Ashes Commentary

  1. #76
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,876
    Quote Originally Posted by burr
    I wish the ABC would stop over-hyping KoK, what started out as mildly ammusing has just become lame.
    .
    I agree to an extent.

    Gets on my nerves a bit.

  2. #77
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    Haha, then I'd suggest you stop hanging out with 80 year old men.
    My friends aren't 80-year old men they are in their 20s and 30s. And the people who disagree with me are like Tony Blair's Government when you dare suggest that there are too many immigrants in Britain - all they say is you're racist - even when most of the immigrants causing concern are white.The only argument most of you use against me is sexism - trying to bully me into agreeing with you - well it won't work! OK, I want page 3 bannned, hated the MCC for banning women and admire Hantuchova for the fact she is far more intelligent than your average Aussie (yes she's gorgeous as well but I bet I ain't the only one here that likes a nice-looking girl) and have never looked at porn - if you think they are the actions of a sexist person you're entitled to your opinion. If you Aussies want to watch Stephanie-whatever-her-name is good luck to you - but Sky don't employ a woman and I'm sure they would if the viewers in Britain wanted it. PS - I slagged off Greig and Lawry too but no one attacked me for that. Poor Tony and Bill - to think more people defend whatshername than them. PPS - Let's agree to difer shall we? The Aussies want a token female, the Brits don't. Let's leave it at that.
    Last edited by Poker Boy; 15-11-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    Ian Botham, Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Daniela Hantuchova....a fan of you all FOREVER!!!
    Can't wait to see Australia field a crap leg-spinner like Hollland or Hohns again.....
    Congratulations to Daniela Hantuchova on her 3rd career title....
    Bob Woolmer 1948-2007..farewell to the best coach England never had...
    Arise Sir Beefy....
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb...

  3. #78
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    You really should stop embarassing yourself here. If you were criticising Greig or Lawry because of their gender or nationality or whatever people would certainly defend them. Just like if you were criticising Brantz based on her merits, people would have no problem with it. That's obviously not what you're doing, so stop attempting to confuse the issue. Your problem with her is merely her gender, and you don't know a thing about her.

    And seriously, have you noticed how nobody here actually agrees with you even a little bit? And yet you still claim that your opinions are universally embraced and that people in England wouldn't "stand for" the horrible crime of letting a woman on TV during the cricket? I suppose everyone in the world who isn't a total bigot is just a member of the "PC Thought Police" though.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  4. #79
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    My friends aren't 80-year old men they are in their 20s and 30s. And the people who disagree with me are like Tony Blair's Government when you dare suggest that there are too many immigrants in Britain - all they say is you're racist - even when most of the immigrants causing concern are white.The only argument most of you use against me is sexism - trying to bully me into agreeing with you - well it won't work! OK, I want page 3 bannned, hated the MCC for banning women and admire Hantuchova for the fact she is far more intelligent than your average Aussie (yes she's gorgeous as well but I bet I ain't the only one here that likes a nice-looking girl) and have never looked at porn - if you think they are the actions of a sexist person you're entitled to your opinion. If you Aussies want to watch Stephanie-whatever-her-name is good luck to you - but Sky don't employ a woman and I'm sure they would if the viewers in Britain wanted it. PS - I slagged off Greig and Lawry too but no one attacked me for that. Poor Tony and Bill - to think more people defend whatshername than them. PPS - Let's agree to difer shall we? The Aussies want a token female, the Brits don't. Let's leave it at that.
    Sigh, your missing the point a fair bit saying things like " I slagged off Greig and Lawry too but no one attacked me for that". Furthermore, noone is defending the token women in the program, ****, I'd be against it myself. What people are up in arms about is the fact that in a case of woman being equally or more qualified than a man with regards to cricket presentation, you'd be against it merely for the fact that she has a pair of breasts and a ******.

    And quite frankly, I'm sick of people saying whatever they want, wether it be racist, bigoted or discrimantory and then when they get attacked for it they cry "PC police". It's irritating to say the least.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012


  5. #80
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    You really should stop embarassing yourself here. If you were criticising Greig or Lawry because of their gender or nationality or whatever people would certainly defend them. Just like if you were criticising Brantz based on her merits, people would have no problem with it. That's obviously not what you're doing, so stop attempting to confuse the issue. Your problem with her is merely her gender, and you don't know a thing about her.

    And seriously, have you noticed how nobody here actually agrees with you even a little bit? And yet you still claim that your opinions are universally embraced and that people in England wouldn't "stand for" the horrible crime of letting a woman on TV during the cricket? I suppose everyone in the world who isn't a total bigot is just a member of the "PC Thought Police" though.
    Obviously Rupert Murdoch agrees with me otherwise Sky would have a female host. And no, I know nothing about Stephanie? but if you read one of my comments you'll know they had a woman hosting a Scottish soccer programme and there was an on-line petiton to get her sacked. (She was). And have you ever heard the phrase "silent majority"? btw, I read Nine tried this before and the girl got sacked on Kerry Packer's orders - so KP will be spinning in his grave right now. But give her credit I read she asked Warne a question about his wife...proving without doubt that she knows about cricket. And to think Geoff Boycott won't be on TV during the Ashes...

  6. #81
    International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Derby, England.
    Posts
    2,939
    And many men have been sacked for making errors over the years. What's your point?

    As for Sky not employing women have you never heard of Kelly Dalglish? Helen Chamberlain? Di Stewart? Georgie Thompson? All female, all involved in the reportage and analysis of sport. It wouldn't surprise me if Sky did indeed employ female ex-cricketers in the near future, they couldn't be any worse than Botham, Colville, Willis. When I have heard Connor, Heyhoe-Flint et al on tv and radio they've been informed, articulate and entertaining.

    As for the petition and sacking, you're just proving the point of how far we still have to go to educate prejudiced bigots like you and your friends.

    Not a Rangers or Airdrie fan by any chance are you?
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la


    The wolves are running..

  7. #82
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    And many men have been sacked for making errors over the years. What's your point?

    As for Sky not employing women have you never heard of Kelly Dalglish? Helen Chamberlain? Di Stewart? Georgie Thompson? All female, all involved in the reportage and analysis of sport. It wouldn't surprise me if Sky did indeed employ female ex-cricketers in the near future, they couldn't be any worse than Botham, Colville, Willis. When I have heard Connor, Heyhoe-Flint et al on tv and radio they've been informed, articulate and entertaining.

    As for the petition and sacking, you're just proving the point of how far we still have to go to educate prejudiced bigots like you and your friends.

    Not a Rangers or Airdrie fan by any chance are you?
    A Rangers fan - although what that has to do with anything I don't know. IMO I'd only employ ex-Test cricketers - and if anyone thinks Stephanie? is more qualified then G Boycott they are in cloud cookoo land. PS - the PC thought police cause more trouble in this world than anyone. I reckon there are partly to blame for the trouble betwen the West and Islam - if I was a Muslim and had these views would you still call me a bigot?

  8. #83
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Haha, ****.

  9. #84
    International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Derby, England.
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    A Rangers fan -

    Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

  10. #85
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,411
    What about employing ex-women test cricketers? ABC radio had some commentary from Belinda Clarke one time not long ago. What are your "thoughts" on that?
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  11. #86
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    Obviously Rupert Murdoch agrees with me otherwise Sky would have a female host. And no, I know nothing about Stephanie? but if you read one of my comments you'll know they had a woman hosting a Scottish soccer programme and there was an on-line petiton to get her sacked. (She was). And have you ever heard the phrase "silent majority"? btw, I read Nine tried this before and the girl got sacked on Kerry Packer's orders - so KP will be spinning in his grave right now. But give her credit I read she asked Warne a question about his wife...proving without doubt that she knows about cricket. And to think Geoff Boycott won't be on TV during the Ashes...
    Haha, where do you even start with this?

    The woman who got sacked on Packer's order was sacked because she was crap, not because she was a woman. How hard is that to understand? If the problem with was having a woman, they never would have hired her in the first place. It's not like she lied on the form, you know? Besides, for the 50th time, Stephanie won't be commentating. The previous woman was a commentator.

    Secondly, she didn't ask Warne any such question. The person who asked Warne the question was in fact a woman, but there are many thousands of them in Australia and co-incidentally the one who asked Warne the question about his wife was a different woman entirely. Go figure.

    And really, your irrelevant argument about the scottish football presenter just proves the point. Yes, she was sacked because of an online petition, meaning presumably that people didn't like her much. Stephanie Brantz is quite popular. Do you see the difference? Just because they are both women doesn't mean they are equally incompetent, and contrary to your apparent views most people don't judge people entirely on their gender.

  12. #87
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    if I was a Muslim and had these views would you still call me a bigot?
    Given that your views on women are pretty close to radical Islam, that's a pretty hilarious question. Unfortunately there are many bigots in the world, some of them are muslims, and some of them are just idiots like you.

  13. #88
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker Boy
    A Rangers fan - although what that has to do with anything I don't know.
    I found this on teh internet, although I don't know if it has anything to do with anything:

    "Both Rangers and Celtic now accept that they have a problem with sectarianism. Both clubs admit that a proportion of their supporters have been, and continue to be, guilty of perpetuating sectarian and partisan beliefs as well as cultural intolerance."

    Hmmm.

  14. #89
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    If she's popular in Australia good luck to her, but is she popular because of her looks or her talent? And PLEASE read what I write! I said women should be allowed to join the MCC before they were - is that bigoted? And i respect your views - although I disagree with them - I think you should respect mine.

  15. #90
    State Vice-Captain Poker Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Kilbirnie, Scotland
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    I found this on teh internet, although I don't know if it has anything to do with anything:

    "Both Rangers and Celtic now accept that they have a problem with sectarianism. Both clubs admit that a proportion of their supporters have been, and continue to be, guilty of perpetuating sectarian and partisan beliefs as well as cultural intolerance."

    Hmmm.
    That's a religous problem - I'm against sectarian chanting btw - and I reckon Aussies should get a brain cell. To think they called Monty a "stupid Indian" - didn't know Luton was a part of India. Maybe that's why they like Stephanie? - simple things occupy simple minds. As Simon Hughes said "there is one thing wrong with Australia. Australians live there."

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Your dream commentary team
    By Francis in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 08:18 PM
  2. Ashes thread in Cricket Chat
    By Pratters in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14-09-2006, 02:23 AM
  3. Should Ashes thread be moved to CC ?
    By JASON in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 28-08-2006, 02:28 PM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 16-07-2006, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •