• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Fiery

Banned
I think that's the best 1st ball of an innings I've ever seen in my long and illustrious career as a couch potato

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fiery said:
I think that's the best 1st ball of an innings I've ever seen in my long and illustrious career as a couch potato
(Only saw it once...) But I just thought Langer played the wrong line of the ball, good delivery but I was surprised with Langer, something Jehan Mubarak would be more likely to do.

Anyways that performance of the tail has kept us in the Ashes, helped by some terribly predictable bowling from Brett Lee but I’ll take it.

Fiery

Banned
TT Boy said:
(Only saw it once...) But I just thought Langer played the wrong line of the ball, good delivery but I was surprised with Langer, something Jehan Mubarak would be more likely to do.

Anyways that performance of the tail has kept us in the Ashes, helped by some terribly predictable bowling from Brett Lee but I’ll take it.
It swung a mile

adharcric

International Coach
Dare say that Monty isn't too far behind Giles as a batsman. Tough to bash Giles for being crap; Fletcher's the idiot who should take the abuse but Giles needs to be dropped from this side. He's nothing but a defensive bowler who can bat and field a bit. England need to find another spinner - please, no more Giles or Blackwell.

Fiery

Banned
adharcric said:
He's nothing but a defensive bowler who can bat and field a bit.
You may need to delete the last 4 words. In fact the last 7 words would be better

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Any thoughts that the pitch will flattening out over the course of the game, or is the general assumption that it will only get worse? Last years Perth pitch had a few gremlins on the first couple of days but flattened out tremendously over the course of the weekend….

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Dare say that Monty isn't too far behind Giles as a batsman. Tough to bash Giles for being crap; Fletcher's the idiot who should take the abuse but Giles needs to be dropped from this side. He's nothing but a defensive bowler who can bat and field a bit. England need to find another spinner - please, no more Giles or Blackwell.
yea yea, picking Gilo instead of Monty was poor, but all this talk that Gilo is crap is way off the mark. He has done England proud with his performances in the sub-continent over the years, has actually contributed numerous times with the willow while being a very reliable ODI bowler. Yes his test career should but cut short, but he by no means should Gilo not be around the set-up.

Fiery

Banned
TT Boy said:
Any thoughts that the pitch will flattening out over the course of the game, or is the general assumption that it will only get worse? Last years Perth pitch had a few gremlins on the first couple of days but flattened out tremendously over the course of the weekend….
Not sure really. It's definitely not your typical WACA pitch and a bit of an unknown quantity really (for me anyway). That doesn't help ya much really does it, sorry

Last edited: