• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Merv said:
I'm not flame bating, I'm telling it how it is. Dar's bias for fast bowlers and in particular England one's.

I remember him giving Hoggard about 10 LBW's in as many balls in India last year, most were outside the line, edged or swinging down or a combination of all these. He's poor.

I keep coming back because I keep being wrongly banned by moderators who are scared of the truth being told.. Stop banning me for accurate insight and I won't need to come back.
As I`ve said to you a lot, you`re way too aggressive and insulting towards others. You`ve made some good points which I`ve agreed with, but also sprouted a lot of crap.

Kudos for admitting who you are though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Arrow said:
Monty has 4 wickets now on the first day at the waca. Hardly a spinners paradise. Fletcher looks like a really big fool now.
Heal and Hogg both have got 5-fers in the 1st Innings at the WACA this season and Casson got a couple last season, WACA a turner. But then again most of Monty wickets have been through bounce and a bit of variation, not really turn.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Merv said:
What are you on about with this "what a ball" crap. It was a regular medium pace delivery that did nothing.

Langer inexplicably missed a straight one.
Morning SP.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
well we all have seen Prior on the international stage & know he's not good enough, so that aint an issue.
This was people advocating before he'd played, based on his runs scored, and they'd not seen him keep.

aussie said:
The fact is England need a keeper who can score runs consistently & if you have a bloke like Pothas who averaged in the top 5 in the CC this year for batsmen, thats should be enough to get the nod over Jones or Read who for the odd flash of brilliance have been extremely mediocre.
No, the point is, we need a keeper is at least capable with the gloves (which Jones wasn't when he debuted)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pasag said:
Very nice to see Giles genuinely happy there when Monty took his wicket.
Whatever you can say about him, he's a big team man - probably one reason he's been retained for so long.

Fiery

Banned
Nnanden said:
Haha, why Nintendo? I`m not angry at you by any means. This guy has been banned twice for flame-baiting, and has started a third account. You`ve been away, and I don`t blame you for not knowing. :)
No offence buddy. There's just something about blonde Queenslanders with names like "Shane", "Brad" and "Brett" that I find very distasteful

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
na mayn Fletch aint retared, Mahmood not playing intially wasn't a bad idea at all since Anderson in most people's opinion would have been a safer bet & i'd say Anderson was a bit unfortunate to miss this test given the way he bowled in the recent tour game & Harmison was looking awful, now Harmo has silenced his critics for damn sure.

But definately Gilo over Panesar was a poor decision.
Except it wasn't a case of 1 or the other - it was the combination of Anderson AND Giles or Mahmood AND Panesar.

The selectors probably thought the gap between Anderson and Mahmood was more than that between Panesar and Giles.

greg

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
What`s your problem? He got out against a bad ball, you agree with me and insult me. Make up your mind.
I didn't insult you. I strongly disagreed with your implication that Symonds was 'batting' well.

I've no problem with you enjoying it. But it wasn't what is required from a test no6.

brockley

International Captain
"How about sticking to stuff you know about then? Watson has been in great form domestically, and good form for Australia."
Watson has played 1 domestic game bowled 5 overs took no wkts how do you call that good form.Oh yes he played 1 pura cup game failed with the bat and did little with the ball.
Adam voges for the next test please,not players who are unfit an unproven.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
greg said:
I didn't insult you. I strongly disagreed with your implication that Symonds was 'batting' well.

I've no problem with you enjoying it. But it wasn't what is required from a test no6.
Fair enough. That`s how Symonds bats though. He`s never going to be a full-time Test Player, but at the moment he`s a stop-gap for Watson. He`s at his best when he`s aggressive, and I was dissapointed after some amazing strokes and applied defence that he got out to a ball he would normally put away. He`s not the most gifted player, but he can graft well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fiery said:
No offence buddy. There's just something about blonde Queenslanders with names like "Shane", "Brad" and "Brett" that I find very distasteful
:laugh: Welcome to Australia. ;)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
brockley said:
"How about sticking to stuff you know about then? Watson has been in great form domestically, and good form for Australia."
Watson has played 1 domestic game bowled 5 overs took no wkts how do you call that good form.Oh yes he played 1 pura cup game failed with the bat and did little with the ball.
Adam voges for the next test please,not players who are unfit an unproven.
Domestically I meant more non-Internationals, sorry, bad wording on my part. He was in great touch at the end of last season, was amazing in the Top End series, and perhaps some others I`ve forgotten about. He`s now dominated with the ball in ODIs and been a decent bat. Besides the one-and-a-quater matches he`s got this season, and he was good with the ball in those, he`s proven himself in every opportunity.

pasag

RTDAS
Lol @ Watson being nothing more than average. Some people being way too aggressive here. Nice stuff from the poms and full respect for coming back from Adelaide, where most other teams would have been mentally finished.

SW, noone wants you here tbh, don't you get that? The mods, the posters, I can't fathom why you would stay somewhere you clearly aren't wanted.

Craig

World Traveller
Just saw the Johnnie Walker Trivia Question and saw that Curtly Ambrose bowled a 15-ball over and it took around 12 minutes to complete. That incredible.

Anyway Hussey is going to get a 100 here.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Without a doubt the selecion of Panesar is the biggest factor in Enlgand`s position. Harmison has been excellent today as well, England have really been mentally strong.

Shot by Lee. :)

Craig

World Traveller
Harmison getting some nasty bounce here.

That is what made him good before he had his bowling troubles in the first two Tests. Geez Chappelli really has a grudge against Ashley Giles.

Nice 4 by Lee. Damien Martyn would have been proud of that cover drive.