• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nnanden said:
Lee`s action a bit dodgy now IMO.

EDIT: Bowling like he did in the WC.
Agreed. When he goes for reverse, or for his effort balls there's definitely something not right.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Arrow said:
How many runs do you guys think england need to be safe? 200?
Depends how much time is left. If they have an entire session, I think they can chase down 200 with some of the explosive bats they have.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
giles is the most boring spinner of all time, playing him over panesar has got to be the most outrageous desicions ever made

top english batsmens SHOT selection
and thier squad selection
tells me that thier stupidity encompasses something which has no boundaries

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jono said:
Go Bet365. Its worth getting an account there just to have a punt on this match lol :p
What are they offering? In the prices Greiggy just announced, there's better money to be made on a draw around now, but that might just be TAB.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jones not good enough nor is Read, got to get Nic Pothas into this side, England need a keeper/batsman who can score consistent runs at test level now.

Gilo is hard-working & has done a decent job for England, but his time at the top must be finished now.

simmy

International Regular
Nnanden said:
Just don`t understand why Monty isn`t playing.

That shout from Lee looked out.
I don't think anyone does...

So frustrating. Utterly ridiculous selection. Especially on this track.

simmy

International Regular
mohammad16 said:
giles is the most boring spinner of all time, playing him over panesar has got to be the most outrageous desicions ever made

top english batsmens SHOT selection
and thier squad selection
tells me that thier stupidity encompasses something which has no boundaries
Still the second best side in the world though...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Arrow said:
How many runs do you guys think england need to be safe? 200?
I've always said that I think to be safe when it comes to a final-day run-chase, you need to set the opposition something upwards of five an over to win. It's pretty easy to keep run rates below that in Test cricket if you're not trying to take wickets. That'd mean England need to set them 200 in 40 overs to win, which won't happen unless the scoring picks up.

As it stands Australia would need 138 in just over 50 overs to win if England were bowled out without scoring any more. If England manage 2 runs an over for the next 10 overs then 160 in 40 overs becomes very interesting, and if they manage any more runs than that or bat for any longer it's gonna be a cracker.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
how are they the second best??? they lost to pakistan in pakistan
won againts pakistan in england only because of panesar
so giles is still useless
and theres no doubt thier top batsmens shot selection has been just deserving of a thumping

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slow Love™ said:
What are they offering? In the prices Greiggy just announced, there's better money to be made on a draw around now, but that might just be TAB.
Draw at Bet365 paying $2.20.

Aus favourites there as well paying $1.66.

TAB offering better for Aus to win (if TAB is what Greig quoted).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To be fair to Giles, he outbowled Monty in every warm-up. The difference is though, their effectiveness in Test Matches. Giles hasn`t bowled enough, and Monty was the man of the English summer. Not to mention these pitches will offer more assisstance for turn than in the warm-ups, which plays in Panesar`s favour.

EDIT: Also, I like Monty`s bustling approach to the crease compared to Giles. Panesar is like Hoggard in his speed back to his mark, and aggression towards bowling. Australian decks are more likely to reward that IMO.

Last edited: