• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
I would be sending all the anti-doping people around and be demanding for urine and blood tests to see if he isn't on something.

I mean WTF?
i think one of the sky commentators mentioned it, but i thought that its far more likely that someone on sky is on dope than Harmison.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langer gets another century, well deserved and Australia should be able to bowl England out pretty quickly with Clark and McGrath both hitting the cracks and moving them a fair bit. Hopefully Lee can get onto the cracks and show us how good he is.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
One gets the feeling that McGrath and Clark will be all but unplayable from here out. The cracks are even widers today and both Hoggard and Harmison got the ball to move off them. I think this one will be over before stumps.

yeah can't see us lasting long, says a lot for out bowling performance second time round

Craig

World Traveller
Near cringeworthy IMO hearing Lawry rave on about Langer is god suddenly.

Excuse me while I guess the bucket to throw up in. In the mood for for a quality rant about something.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done JL. Hopefully Ponting is just cramping a bit - might see Gilly leading the team while Ponting has a rest til lunch.

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
i think one of the sky commentators mentioned it, but i thought that its far more likely that someone on sky is on dope than Harmison.
Let's send them to the sky people instead. I thought you guys would have go the ch9 coverage instead, but there you go.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matt79 said:
Well done JL. Hopefully Ponting is just cramping a bit - might see Gilly leading the team while Ponting has a rest til lunch.
That would be pretty good, Gilly is awesome and does a good job as captain when he needs to fill in for Ponting.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont quite understand what Ponting is thinking, but Ill take it.

Aus will still win but taking an extra 1/2 hr off the time England needed to bat marginally reduces the chance to a shade under 100%.

Was he scared that England could chase down 600 if they managed to bat 2 full days? :laugh:

Anyway, Im happy he carried on batting as I backed the draw before play started for the day (@14-1).

tooextracool

International Coach
tooextracool said:
I'd like to see England stand a foot outside their creases to Mcgrath and come down the track to him occasionally. That in essence would take lbw out of the equation and also cause him to change his line
good to see Strauss doing exactly that atm.

Craig

World Traveller
If Ed Joyce does play in this series, what do others who have seen of him make of his technique, temperment etc?

Craig

World Traveller
I thought it was a basic about batting, if you are going to hook and pull, aim the blade down so it will go along the ground and he would have got one, instead of getting out.

If these coaches can't tell him that then they must be fired.