• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football/soccer draft

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
tbf, Di Stefano for Colombia stood when, apparently, they were for the Colombian XI rather than the national team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Worth noting as well that in principle FIFA are happy to accept autonomous constituent states (e.g. the Basque region of Spain) having a separate football team to their national team (e.g. The Faroe Islands and Denmark).

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, well it seems to be a little more complicated than I thought. I guess I can let the picks stand if no-one objects. I'll let this issue float around before kicking off the final round, just in case someone from a neutral POV wants to weigh in on this. Otherwise we'll just let sledger's & Dan's picks stand.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not that it really matters, but neither Catalonia or Basque Country are FIFA/UEFA recognised teams. Would make sense to me being one would be a reasonable standard. Would also mean the Colombia pick for Di Stefano wouldn't be legit.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, the fact that Catalonia & Basque Country aren't affiliated with FIFA/UEFA indicates to me that these picks are definitely not valid. And I suppose Andrew's Di Stefano (Columbia) pick isn't valid either, and so should be changed to Argentina.

I know I didn't specify that the nation in question had to be a FIFA affiliated nation when starting this draft, but I think it was implied tbh.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?