Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Group B - Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ran-goalkeeper

Gotta love these success stories. The one Burgey posted earlier on Lukaku was great as well.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Yeah, read that article, it's a cracker. Incredible story.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ran-goalkeeper

Gotta love these success stories. The one Burgey posted earlier on Lukaku was great as well.
    Yeah, great read. And makes his penalty save against The Petulant One even sweeter.

International Regular Victor Ian's Avatar
    What the heck happened with that last corner kick from which Spain scored. The ball went out on the right hand side and they kicked it in from the other side, after sneaking it there while everyone is looking for it from the other side. Can you choose what side you want to take your corner from?

I'm only basing this on the rule in wiki... 'The kick is taken from the corner of the field of play nearest to where it went out. '
    Last edited by Victor Ian; 26-06-2018 at 06:09 AM.

So Portugal have to play Uruguay instead of Russia now cause of the penalty decision (plus Ronaldo's penalty miss)
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Yeah, so they're going out.

Still confused about the Spain corner kick. Either the wiki rule is wrong or Spain cheated. Can't find any big furore over this so I'm guessing the playing side chooses their corner side and it was a great play by Spain. Can anyone confirm for a noob

This is from FIFA laws of the game Law 17 on page 53 if you wish to check

The ball must be placed inside the corner arc nearest to the point where the ball crossed the goal line
    How on earth did they allow the Spanish goal? It seems everyone lost their head over the VARS review that deemed the goal was not offside. How has no one realised the kick into the goal square was illegal in the first place? It was placed on the opposite side of the field from where the ball went out. Spain lost. While they would have still progressed on Goal Difference, they would not be top of the table. Is this not singularly the biggest FUP of the world cup? And yet there is not a world being said about it anywhere. I have to listen to my wife go on about this like a rabid flat earther. Tell me it isn't so.
    Last edited by Victor Ian; 27-06-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Don't remember the incident at all tbh.

Is there any advantage at all from taking a corner from one end compared to the other?

Depends who's taking them/defending them.

Some players can deliver an inswinging cross better than one that swings out etc. ANd some teams can defend one type better than the other etc.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Is there any advantage at all from taking a corner from one end compared to the other?
    In this particular instance there was a good advantage. It seemed most players, Spanish included were looking for the ball on the side where you'd expect the corner to be taken and were all huddling up near the square looking the wrong way. So the Spanish managed to catch them a little bit off guard and not set up to defend properly. Still a great goal scored - I love those back foot shots - and if legal it was a masterstroke from the Spanish players. In fact, even if not legal, it was a masterstroke. They duped everyone.

I'll try and find footage - very hard to find though - they only show footage from the goal kick and not the minute before.

here's some footage of the crime. watch at about 2:40 - or you can sit through the whole thing (not too long) to enjoy all the supposed crimes against Morocco this world cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17j4VqdGYQ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information