• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews was the perfect bowler to target that difficult spot for Rahane, good stuff

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni is classic. Is there a name in psychology for an inclination to do the opposite of what your gut and reasoning says is right? To be fair I have suffered from this too. In exams during my engineering days, if I was confused between two possible approaches or answers I often picked the one that all the voices inside me said was wrong :ph34r:
Yeah it's utterly ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is that he gets praised for it. Eg: Ishant in the CT final, Joginder in the t20. He gets lauded for pulling off an out of the box decision which won us the match. Well, you stupid ****s, if he'd done the logical thing maybe we would've won more easily

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rahane leaves balls and then feels the pressure and goes for a heave? Stupid cricket.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Kulesakara has to be so tight with his line here, straighter ball has to be used a fair bit I feel

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've never quite understood what that means, and how it got attributed to Glorious Gauti...can someone help out?
Deliberately anti-jinxing, essentially. So talking up opposition players or talking down your own players in hope of jinxing them into performing the opposite way to what you predicted. It's just a joke obviously as our posts don't have a real effect on results, but it became really annoying for a while and because it was such a dickish thing to do and Gambhir's such a dick, it got called that.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Now bring on Senanayake and Malinga to bowl the last 2 pp overs as India look to go big with the field up and the pressure on pls

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
don't think he played a lot of games, especially since he's an overseas player. In any case I don't think that's enough time to read and work out a bowler. Maybe if we had played a few ODIs against him it might be different.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Good powerplay from Sri Lanka there, 4 cheap overs out of the way from Kula and Matthews

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll take 31/1 after 6 but it becomes absolutely crucial for India now to make sure Kohli and Rohit are there for another 5-6 overs at least, we can't afford new batsmen coming in and using up overs to get use to some of the SL bowlers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Need to get to 70 off the net 4 overs without losing a wicket. Then 10 an over from there for 10 overs to get to 170.