• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar and T20 International Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
At the moment he is the best bastman in the world so why the hell is he not in the India squad for the world twenty 20 world cup. I dont think he has retired from this format, and if he he has the selectors should begging him to play in the world cup 20 20.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The older generation of fans needs to be weaned off him anyway, this is a relatively painless way of doing it. :ph34r:

Will be nice to see Gambhir, Sharma, Raina, Uthappa, Murali Vijay etc. come into their own TBH, and the sooner we get used to it, the better.

Sir Alex

Banned
We should keep him wrapped in cottonwool and limit his non test appearances to bare minimum till World Cup.

Wouldn't have made it anyway considering he's injured.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
He is a free man. Should be grateful to him for still being around and entertaining the world with quality batting.

jeevan

International 12th Man
God doesn't play hit-and-giggles. Not unless he's being paid a million USD, at any rate.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's scared imo. Would get shown up as the minnow-basher he really is.

Same with Ponting.

Both no good. Much prefer Yuvi, Duss or Afridi - heaps better players, coz they hit da bombs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL
I was so happy Tendulkar skipped this tournament.. Really...he is too good to waste his fitness and energy for T20 cricket...with IPL I can understand..atleast that secures his family's future..

I just want him to preserve his fitness now to score 50 centuries in both forms of the game and a test 300..Its ridiculous he hasnt managed that by now..Even Mark Taylor has a 300..

Sir Alex

Banned
LOL
I was so happy Tendulkar skipped this tournament.. Really...he is too good to waste his fitness and energy for T20 cricket...with IPL I can understand..atleast that secures his family's future..

I just want him to preserve his fitness now to score 50 centuries in both forms of the game and a test 300..Its ridiculous he hasnt managed that by now..Even Mark Taylor has a 300..
Keeping tabs on Ponting I guess :ph34r:

Yes, not Tendulkar, but Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly all are better in T20 or any cricket than these guys.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
LOL

Because without IPL, the great man and his family will be living on the streets, begging for change! :laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL...no they wouldnt be on the streets but his kids will have enough to never have to work for the rest of their lives :P Nothing wrong with ensuring that if you can..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
IMO you shouldn't be allowed to play the IPL if you're going to make yourself unavailable for national T20 selection.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
IMO you shouldn't be allowed to play the IPL if you're going to make yourself unavailable for national T20 selection.
Interesting.

1. That prevents players (such as Tiwary for e.g.) learning from the great Tendulkar
2. Why only apply that for IPL? At the end of the day for all its glitz and glamour, its still a domestic tournament. How come a player can not play test cricket but be allowed to play FC cricket in many countries?
3. Its Tendulkar FFS. Appreciate watching him whenever you can, even if it is in the IPL.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Interesting.

1. That prevents players (such as Tiwary for e.g.) learning from the great Tendulkar
2. Why only apply that for IPL? At the end of the day for all its glitz and glamour, its still a domestic tournament. How come a player can not play test cricket but be allowed to play FC cricket in many countries?
3. Its Tendulkar FFS. Appreciate watching him whenever you can, even if it is in the IPL.
Players can learn from the great SRT if he plays in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy too. Unfortunately it doesn't pay as well as the IPL and SRT chooses to skip the tournament. Its all about the money, and that forms the basis for my opposition.

Sir Alex

Banned
Funniest thing I've heard. Stop players from participating in domestic cricket after they retire from International cricket!

Sir Alex

Banned
Players can learn from the great SRT if he plays in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy too. Unfortunately it doesn't pay as well as the IPL and SRT chooses to skip the tournament. Its all about the money, and that forms the basis for my opposition.
Is it a wrong thing to play for money then? 8-)

He had retired from the international Format BEFORE IPL was even thought out. Nobody said he couldn't play in domestic T20s because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.