• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Refereeing was fine really, aside from the horrible red card to Cahill which I doubt anyone would defend. Wasn't a handball or offside.

Anyway, Germany ridiculously better than us, hard to be too upset about things. Simply have to win against Ghana.
Oz have been exposed - our central defenders have no pace

Unfortunately, first round and we're out

First goal was extremely harsh but comes down to interpretation

Jarquis

Harsh to criticise Schwarzer for the first IMO. Yeah it was relatively close to him but when it's struck at 82mph you've not got a lot of hope unless it's hit right at you.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Harsh to criticise Schwarzer for the first IMO. Yeah it was relatively close to him but when it's struck at 82mph you've not got a lot of hope unless it's hit right at you.
It is a bit harsh, but the thing is it more or less was hit straight at him. He just was already on his way down and leaning back.

social

Schwarzer fantastic? Was decidedly average IMO. Should've done better on both of the first two goals. AWTA about the German dive at the end though, just awful.
Had one of his worst games for quite a while

I was actually looking forward to being able to rub it into the Poms about having at least one player who could get into their X1 but on that showing am not sure

Jarquis

It is a bit harsh, but the thing is it more or less was hit straight at him. He just was already on his way down and leaning back.
Hmm, it was far enough away that he had absolutely no chance of getting anything other than a hand to it and AFAIC one hand isn't going to stop that.

stephen

Schwarzer hardly had a fantastic game. Was almost completely to blame for the second goal and arguably should have done better with the first.
Geez with a lesser keeper there Australia would have gone down 12-0.

Seriously underrated performance IMO.

Matteh

Only if Klose hadn't fired one straight at home 1v1 and if Otzl's touch was slightly better then it'd have been 6-0 and you can't claim the keeper has done well when 4 goals have gone in regardless of the hypotheticals.

Matteh

And which of those are you any good at?

Oh, that's right, NONE:laugh:
Never normally bother to bring this up....
That'll be cricket mate.

1 point because of an individual player having a brain fade > 0 points because 11 people collectively were crap and let in 4 goals.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm, I thought the red was...not a shocker. Like Steulen said, the slo-mo showed how dangerous it could have been. At the same time I wouldn't have blinked twice if it had been given as a yellow.

Main thing for Aus now is obviously to not let their heads drop in the next game. Will be hard without Cahill, them's the breaks. Wouldn't write it off just yet, the afternoon game suggested to me that afetr Germany this group is wide open.