• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win it this time around ?

Who will win it this time around ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ICC should introduce World Rankings (and for players).

Most big series now have at least two 20/20 fixtures and given a WC is held nearly every year (next one after this is in the Windies, 2010), it would make some sense.
They're not that hard to work out.

Pakistan 130
South Africa 119
Sri Lanka 115
Australia 112
India 109
New Zealand 97
West Indies 91
England 84
Bangladesh 80
Zimbabwe 80

associates
Ireland 100
Netherlands 67
Canada 59
Scotland 50
Kenya 35
Bermuda 0

edit: Pakistan to 132 and Australia to 109 after the Dubai game

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Pakistan 'll win it( only cuz i'm a pakistani, i'll say Pakistan 'll win it lol)
but i guess they can reach semi's with ease
England, Netherlands & Pakistan in group b

probably england & pakistan 'll reach next round

pakistan 'll 've to face, Newzealand, bangladesh, (srilanka or westindies) in super 8's
can win 2 out of 3 to qualify for the semi's

on the other hand, india 'll 've Australia, south africa & england is super 8's
this one is a tough group i guess

can't choose 2 to reach semi's, cuz anythin can happen
i'm not guessing it, i saw how groups are managed in icc website

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pakistan 'll win it( only cuz i'm a pakistani, i'll say Pakistan 'll win it lol)
but i guess they can reach semi's with ease
England, Netherlands & Pakistan in group b

probably england & pakistan 'll reach next round

pakistan 'll 've to face, Newzealand, bangladesh, (srilanka or westindies) in super 8's
can win 2 out of 3 to qualify for the semi's

on the other hand, india 'll 've Australia, south africa & england is super 8's
this one is a tough group i guess

can't choose 2 to reach semi's, cuz anythin can happen
i'm not guessing it, i saw how groups are managed in icc website
Wow NZ and Pakistan should do pretty well in that first group. The other is basically the hammer England round.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wow NZ and Pakistan should do pretty well in that first group. The other is basically the hammer England round.
Yeah, but the two Super Eight groups are made up of one team from each of the four preliminary groups, so really, every combination is possible. He's assuming SA beats NZ, and Australia win both their games, for example.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
They're not that hard to work out.

Pakistan 130
South Africa 119
Sri Lanka 115
Australia 112
India 109
New Zealand 97
West Indies 91
England 84
Bangladesh 80
Zimbabwe 80

associates
Ireland 100
Netherlands 67
Canada 59
Scotland 50
Kenya 35
Bermuda 0

edit: Pakistan to 132 and Australia to 109 after the Dubai game
Cool.

Surprised South Africa are so high.

ram.krisnan

Cricket Spectator
Younis Khan has commented that Pakistan will win the Twenty 20 cup this time around. He is confident that Pakistan will win the coveted Twenty 20 Cup this time. Pakistan still regrets losing to India in the final of the ICC Twenty 20 World Cup two years ago, as captain Younis Khan has said that he will make sure that his side wins the trophy this time around.

Source: Zapak Cricket

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Well if Pakistan has to blame anyone for losing last world cup final, that would be Younis khan :D
he ran Imran Nazir out & then played a lose short
in the end it was the fall of wickets that was the cause of defeat
& the truth is Pakistan lost it rather than india winning it
even with that score on that pitch, bangladesh would 've chased it down
& Younas khan saying that he wants to see pakistan winning, well it doesn't look like that
specially when better twenty 20 players are sitting out & players like Younis Khan playing in twenty 20, it doesn't look like Pakistan winning it

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Cool.

Surprised South Africa are so high.

I'M ALSO SURPRISED that PAKISTAN are SO SO SO SO SO HIGH :D
by the way who made these rankings? I can't see these on ICC website or on Cricinfo
but Great to see Pakistan on top ( can't believe that :D)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'M ALSO SURPRISED that PAKISTAN are SO SO SO SO SO HIGH :D
by the way who made these rankings? I can't see these on ICC website or on Cricinfo
but Great to see Pakistan on top ( can't believe that :D)
I calculated them - using pretty much the same methods the ICC use for their 50-over rankings. So not official in any way.

Pakistan have won about 75 % of their Twenty20 games, which explains their high ranking.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
yeah Pakistan's win %age is 79%
not bad
played 17 won 13 lost 3 tie 1
but i guess ICC 'll introduced t20 rankings sometime
cuz it's been a huge hit
even people from netherlands now following it
great!!!!!!!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm surprised nobody has even suggested or voted for the Sri Lankans. Sure they are not in the best form but I wouldn't count them out of it. Just because of that I think I will vote for them in this poll.

For me India won't win. Repeat victories have never been our thing and I don't think we can replicate the success of 2007. I'd love to see us do it though but it's a long shot at best. I think South Africa, Australia and India will make the Semi Finals but I'm leaning towards Sri Lanka for the victory.
AWTA. I voted for Windies... Juz thinking how much funny it would be if Gayle does pose at Lords with World T20 crown given his interviews and the reactions to them recently... :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO, it's a lottery

Many of India's main players are out of form and only getting a game in the IPL because of quota system

Oz has picked their test team and most dont have a clue how to play the game anyway

Pak have hardly played any games

Ditto Eng

Many of Sa's main players are lucky to get a game in the IPL

WI are a rabble at the moment

Dark horses could be NZ as they have quite a few high high impact players

Shri

Mr. Glass
IMO, it's a lottery

Many of India's main players are out of form and only getting a game in the IPL because of quota system

Oz has picked their test team and most dont have a clue how to play the game anyway

Pak have hardly played any games

Ditto Eng

Many of Sa's main players are lucky to get a game in the IPL

WI are a rabble at the moment

Dark horses could be NZ as they have quite a few high high impact players
I am not a poster who responds aggressively to any post that says India is not that good. But, the only players who are out of form in the line up is Sehwag, Gambhir and Yusuf Pathan to a certain etent. The other guys are in good form at the moment.:)

shahidmalik

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan XI for T20

Pakistan XI for T20

1.Salman Butt
2.Ahmad Shehzad
3.Younis Khan (c)
4.Misbah ul Haq
5.Shoaib Malik
6.Shahid Afridi
7.Kamran Akmal (wk)
8.Sohail Tanvir
9.Umar Gul
10.Shoaib Akhtar
11.Saeed Ajmal

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZ will win this.

Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum are just coming into awesome form in the IPL, Jesse Ryder will come good.

Players like Guptill, Oram and Broom will chip in with the bat.

Bowling is a worry, but we do have the best in the business; Daniel Vettori. Hopefully Kyle Mills, Butler and O'Brien will keep it tight and pick up a few top order wickets.

Their is alot of bowlers to choose from with Nathan McCullum, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder also being decent.

NZ team:

1. B McCullum
2. Ryder
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Oram
6. Broom
7. N McCullum
8. Mills
9. Vettori
10. Butler
11. O'Brien

Flem274*

123/5
its should be Pakistan
NZ will win this.

Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum are just coming into awesome form in the IPL, Jesse Ryder will come good.

Players like Guptill, Oram and Broom will chip in with the bat.

Bowling is a worry, but we do have the best in the business; Daniel Vettori. Hopefully Kyle Mills, Butler and O'Brien will keep it tight and pick up a few top order wickets.

Their is alot of bowlers to choose from with Nathan McCullum, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder also being decent.

NZ team:

1. B McCullum
2. Ryder
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Oram
6. Broom
7. N McCullum
8. Mills
9. Vettori
10. Butler
11. O'Brien
I lol'd.

Any other thoughts on reasons why your respective countries will win gentlemen? :p

Welcome to the forums btw.