• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your 20/20 WC Squad?

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Not to mention the fact that he somehow thinks England's Twenty20 team has any bearing on how they'll go in the Ashes.
Was more thinking of what mentality the selectors would have (I do presume the 20-20 selectors are the same as the test ones) in making what does seem a backward move (to me at a distance). The word panick springs to mind. By the way are these the same selectors that picked Pattinson last year? If so, I wish I had their job security in these economic times.

With the quick defences of trescothick, and even suggestions that he could improve the Australian team (I think I'll stick with a Sydney Club Slogger), it now occurs to me that he must be in really really good form or something. Is this true?

neha.sherawat9

Cricket Spectator
My Team

India

Gautam Gambhir
Virender Sehwag
Mahendra Singh Dhoni [ Capt. & Wk. Kpr. ]
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Yusuf Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Praveen Kumar
Irfan Pathan
Dinesh Karthik
Ravindra Jadeja
Rohit Sharma
Robin Uthappa

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England have included Eoin Morgan in their preliminary squad. Presumably so that he can't play for Ireland :mad:.

Steulen

International Regular
England have included Eoin Morgan in their preliminary squad. Presumably so that he can't play for Ireland :mad:.
Would be an absolute travesty if he would make the final 15, sitting out the matches as a squad member no doubt, while the Irish lose their best batsman.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have no problem with snatching amazing associate players that will make a contribution for the next 10 years but having guys like Khan, Joyce and Morgan just weakens Associate cricket and doesn nothing for English cricket.

Need to find a way to make Associate cricket pro (at least at the National team level).

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no problem with snatching amazing associate players that will make a contribution for the next 10 years but having guys like Khan, Joyce and Morgan just weakens Associate cricket and doesn nothing for English cricket.

Need to find a way to make Associate cricket pro (at least at the National team level).
It would be good if they could do something along the lines of the Chance to Shine contracts that the England women have.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The women get paid to play?
De Facto national contract according (was on Talk****e) to one of the women of the side. She didn’t elaborate on how much but she said it made life far ‘easier’ for the players…

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The women get paid to play?
No, they don't get paid to play. They have part-time jobs with ecb/chance to shine, working with youngsters, mentoring, coaching in schools etc. And the hours are made flexible so that they can train and get time off for international matches. I believe the salaries are something around £15000 per year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
£15k isn't loads but you can live off it, especially if you have a partner or no kids etc

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
No, they don't get paid to play. They have part-time jobs with ecb/chance to shine, working with youngsters, mentoring, coaching in schools etc. And the hours are made flexible so that they can train and get time off for international matches. I believe the salaries are something around £15000 per year.
The ECB pays that?

If thats 15 players then that is 225 000 pounds a year total. Thats a fair amount for J-grade amateur sport.

No disrespect to them but Id also not really want my kids worked with, mentored or coached by a female cricketer. Nothing to do with the ***, but the standard.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The ECB pays that?

If thats 15 players then that is 225 000 pounds a year total. Thats a fair amount for J-grade amateur sport.

No disrespect to them but Id also not really want my kids worked with, mentored or coached by a female cricketer. Nothing to do with the ***, but the standard.
They don't pay it for everyone, it's just people who want to apply for the jobs. Some of them work part time in different careers.

And they were saying it was really popular. Charlotte Edwards said she was having to do extra breakfast clubs before school. I don't see why women's cricketers can't coach girls, or little boys. I don't think they're doing high-level coaching.

Also, if you want girls to play, it's good to have female role-models around. I played in mixed teams until I was about 12, but then gave up until I was 14 I found out about a women's club league that my Mum was kind enough to drive me back and forwards to. I wouldn't have done that if a woman hadn't come up to me at a men's match and told me about it, and I was at that age where you don't really want to play with men. Even if that's a waste of the ECB's money, cause let's face it I wasn't really anything special, I might still one day put something into the men's game. My other half has no interest in cricket whatsoever, and if we ever have a boy, there's only one person who's going to get him into cricket. :p Maybe these England women can get some more kids in these state schools interested in going down to their local clubs.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
They don't pay it for everyone, it's just people who want to apply for the jobs. Some of them work part time in different careers.

And they were saying it was really popular. Charlotte Edwards said she was having to do extra breakfast clubs before school. I don't see why women's cricketers can't coach girls, or little boys. I don't think they're doing high-level coaching.

Also, if you want girls to play, it's good to have female role-models around. I played in mixed teams until I was about 12, but then gave up until I was 14 I found out about a women's club league that my Mum was kind enough to drive me back and forwards to. I wouldn't have done that if a woman hadn't come up to me at a men's match and told me about it, and I was at that age where you don't really want to play with men. Even if that's a waste of the ECB's money, cause let's face it I wasn't really anything special, I might still one day put something into the men's game. My other half has no interest in cricket whatsoever, and if we ever have a boy, there's only one person who's going to get him into cricket. :p Maybe these England women can get some more kids in these state schools interested in going down to their local clubs.
Fair enough. That makes sense

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South African 30...

Graeme Smith, Yusuf Abdulla, Hashim Amla, Gulam Bodi, Loots Bosman, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, Henry Davids, AB de Villiers, CJ de Villiers, Friedel de Wet, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Arno Jacobs, Jacques Kallis, Heino Kuhn, Johann Louw, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Justin Ontong, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Robbie Peterson, Ashwell Prince, Daryn Smit, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe, Vaughn van Jaarsveld.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Total farce that Strauss has been left out.
Yea i gotta agree with this. He definately seemed to be improving his limited overs game (although one can sort of argue, its was a bit of him just riding his test series form).

But England 20/20 top order, although opinions will differ on who shoud open now. Definately has HUGE problem. At least Strauss being there we had a man in form.