Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 and Beyond

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    and Figo getting away with that headbutt (and because he got a yellow even though the ref's back was turned he can't face further punishment)
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Remember van Persie's cross four minutes from time, when Kuyt got an inch from the ball? If van Nistelrooy had been striker that would have been 1-1.
    Precisely what I thought at the time. Kuyt is obviously a fairly popular guy in Holland, but he had a bad night and should not have played 90, and if he did he certainly should have had Van Nistlerooy as support.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    If he'd handed a red card to Boulahrouz for the assault on Ronaldo it might have been different.
    He also missed a blatant Dutch penalty in the first half. Really though, I don't think there was too much wrong with the reds he gave.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Completely agree about Van Nistelrooy Faaip. It seems strange to use him all tournament and then leave him out of the second round match because the coach doesn't believe he is trying... At the very least he should have come on in the last 20 when it was obvious that Kuyt wasn't going to score a goal, he really was terrible...

I bet Van Nistelrooy would have looked more threatening and as you guys said above, he would have at least got a touch to Van Persie's cross near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    and Figo getting away with that headbutt (and because he got a yellow even though the ref's back was turned he can't face further punishment)
    I heard from reports here (NZ) that FIFA will be looking into Figo's head-butt and he could be suspended from the England match.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I heard from reports here (NZ) that FIFA will be looking into Figo's head-butt and he could be suspended from the England match.
    That's what I heard too - although it was Terry Venables who said it so I'm tempted to discount the entire statement.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    yeah Figo should have been off a while ago.
    Wonder if FIFA can ban him after the event?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Wonder if FIFA can ban him after the event?
    Apparently so, according to a number of news reports I've read.

wow...

England looked ****. Beckham scored a good goal that's sure to be overplayed by every news company/sports show/sbs here because it's Beckham. Otherwise, England's midfield capitulated. They were extrmely poor with the exception of Carrick.

Crouch MUST play next game. Portugal and Holland were stupid though. What a **** game that looked like. England must surely make the semis now thanks to the Potruguese. I set the alarm and went back to sleep for their game, thank god I did.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Otherwise, England's midfield capitulated. They were extrmely poor with the exception of Carrick.
    Erm. No. The key problem with the England midfield is the quality of the final through ball, which atm is awful. The rest of their game is fine, bar Lampard and his shots.

Crouch MUST play next game.
    So that England go back to 40 yard hit and hope passes? Pfft.

Portugal and Holland were stupid though. What a **** game that looked like.
    Essentially it became an utter farce with every challenge becoming a yellow. Got to thank Ivanov for getting Deco + Costinha banned though, also Figo's utter stupidity might get him banned too and Holland hurt Ronaldo....think the core of the Portugal team has been essentially knocked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Argentina will eliminate Germany.

Australia will defeat Italy on penalty kicks tomorrow after drawing 1-1 in regulation, then 2-2 after extra time. Ukraine will defeat Switzerland 1-0. Australia will defeat Ukraine 1-0 and then beat Argentina 2-1 on a Cahill penalty kick.

The refereeing will be atrocious.

England will beat Portugal 1-0 on a Figo own goal. Brazil will beat Ghana 2-1 in the 89th minute after Adriano sneaks a goal despite being offside. Spain will defeat woeful France 2-0. Spain will then beat Brazil 3-1 in a stunning turn of events.

England will defeat Spain 2-1 on a Crouch header.

England will then meet Australia in the final in a football version of the Ashes. Just as in the cricket Ashes last year, Australia shall taste defeat. Frank Lampard shall sting the winner into the upper right hand side of the net from two yards outside the penalty area. Said winner shall come in the 79th minute.

Sorry for the spoilers.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Erm. No. The key problem with the England midfield is the quality of the final through ball, which atm is awful. The rest of their game is fine, bar Lampard and his shots.

So that England go back to 40 yard hit and hope passes? Pfft.

Essentially it became an utter farce with every challenge becoming a yellow. Got to thank Ivanov for getting Deco + Costinha banned though, also Figo's utter stupidity might get him banned too and Holland hurt Ronaldo....think the core of the Portugal team has been essentially knocked out.
    England were hitting 40 yard passes first half anyway. Sven just needs to tell them to lay it to feet and Crouch is sure as hell no mug with his touches. The mids didn't produce a final ball all game and didn't do much else. Wow yeah certainly proved me wrong.

On a brighter note, we haven't seen anywhere near enough nutmegs this tournament. Thankfully last night's game brought the standard up, special mention to Wayne who managed about 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Argentina will eliminate Germany.

Australia will defeat Italy on penalty kicks tomorrow after drawing 1-1 in regulation, then 2-2 after extra time. Ukraine will defeat Switzerland 1-0. Australia will defeat Ukraine 1-0 and then beat Argentina 2-1 on a Cahill penalty kick.

The refereeing will be atrocious.

England will beat Portugal 1-0 on a Figo own goal. Brazil will beat Ghana 2-1 in the 89th minute after Adriano sneaks a goal despite being offside. Spain will defeat woeful France 2-0. Spain will then beat Brazil 3-1 in a stunning turn of events.

England will defeat Spain 2-1 on a Crouch header.

England will then meet Australia in the final in a football version of the Ashes. Just as in the cricket Ashes last year, Australia shall taste defeat. Frank Lampard shall sting the winner into the upper right hand side of the net from two yards outside the penalty area. Said winner shall come in the 79th minute.

Sorry for the spoilers.
    I sure as hell won't be stung by a 79th minute winner against Australia in the WORLD CUP FINAL

Bah and the Dutchies called us dirty. **** me.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    Bah and the Dutchies called us dirty. **** me.
    Quite.

****ing England. To think I got up at 3 a.m. to watch that boring piece of unimaginative crap.

That's 2 hours of sleep your lot owe me.
    He’s thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

- Gareth Keenan from "The Office"

*****Winner***** of the 2006 FIFA World Cup predictions thread...see you in four years' time?

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information