• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Absolute shocker - bet we don't see the same outcry from Down Under that we did earlier in the Tournament though.
Bet we will for that one though!

I shouted 'penalty' the moment I saw it - yes, Grosso looked for it but it was stupid in the extreme for Lucas Neill to commit himself like that - he gave the Italian all the chance he needed to go to ground and nine times out of ten, they're given.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I went over to watch the second half in work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Asked someone "how are the criminals playing?"

He said, "which criminals?" :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
I shouted 'penalty' the moment I saw it - yes, Grosso looked for it but it was stupid in the extreme for Lucas Neill to commit himself like that - he gave the Italian all the chance he needed to go to ground and nine times out of ten, they're given.
Me too. But it wasn't.

Mind, makes up for the red card (which was about 0.04 of a second away from being a fair tackle, nowhere near a professional foul...)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In summary:

England are in the last 8 of the World Cup, hold the Ashes and hold the Rugby World Cup
Australia are not in the last 8 of the World Cup, do not hold the Ashes and do not hold the Rugby World Cup

All in all, England stands proudly above your vast island

:laugh: :laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im imagining that this just happened to England and my stomach churned. Unlucky Aus, so many of us were cheering you on

Damn Spaniard Ref

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
In summary

England are in the last 8 of the World Cup, hold the Ashes and hold the Rugby World Cup
Australia are not in the last 8 of the World Cup, do not hold the Ashes and do not hold the Rugby World Cup

Awww I'll leave y'all alone now. Or I might start feeling sorry for yas.
too bad you wont last in the world cup, won't hold the ashes for much longer and certainly won't win the next rugby world cup.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
In summary:

All in all, England stands proudly above your vast island

:laugh: :laugh:
ha, well at least Australia have the cricket world & can proudly acclaim to be the best cricket team in the world.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
mikeW said:
too bad you wont last in the world cup, won't hold the ashes for much longer and certainly won't win the next rugby world cup.
Could all be true. But at the minute, we are in the World Cup, do hold the Ashes and do hold the RWC. So there :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly don't know what to say. We had it, and then that just lost us it....

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Could all be true. But at the minute, we are in the World Cup, do hold the Ashes and do hold the RWC. So there :laugh:
gloat all you want now, will only make it sweeter when all 3 of those things happen.