• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H: Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
Ominous signs, Spain actually performing to their abilities, who would have thought that.
I'm not so sure that performing to that level this early is a good thing - it's hard to maintain that level for 7 games...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
Ukraine and Serbia have excuses though, they played very good teams, whilst Poland were very disappointing.
I wouldn't have said Poland were *that* strong in qualifying to be honest.

The other 2 both had games against very good opposition in extreme temperatures - coincidence?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
2-2. Jaidi two minutes into injury time. Turned into a great little game second half.
I knew I had him in one of my teams, just couldn't remember which game it was!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
How good did Spain look!? I didn't see Brazil vs Croatia, but apparently they were decidedly below their usual standards. If all goes to plan (which it will), Brazil and Spain will meet in the quarter finals. Will be a cracker.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Brazil will have to get past probably Italy or the Czechs I think in the second round. Already looking like a great knockout stage from where I'm standing and only one team has qualified :)

Steulen

International Regular
And in today's news, the Ukrainians are blaming frogs for their 4-0 loss against Spain. Apparently, there was some deafening croaking going on outside the team hotel the night before the game resulting in a sleepwalking performance on the pitch.

In a first reaction, the French deny any responsibility, stating all players and staff were accounted for that night and why would we bother helping the paella eating scum from south of the Pyrenees anyway?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Brazil will have to get past probably Italy or the Czechs I think in the second round. Already looking like a great knockout stage from where I'm standing and only one team has qualified :)
Um... no... Italy and Brazil are in opposite halves of the draw......

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Um, yes

Not to be a wise-donkey, but Winner E faces runner-up of F, and vice versa. So :p
No, you're not being a "wise-donkey", you're making a fool of yourself...

Let's follow Brazil beyond the group stage...

Brazil
Knockout (vs Runner-up Group E)
Quarter (vs (Winner Group H vs Runner-Up Group G))
Semi (vs ((Winner Group B vs Runner Up Group C)vs(Winner Group D vs Runner-Up Group C)))

Or if that's not simple enough... where does Winner Group E (Italy) come across Winner Group F (Brazil) before the final?...not in this world cup, that's sure as hell.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Who said they wouldn't? I'm pretty confident that Italy will advance (in 1st spot), from what I've heard and the little I've seen, they are looking in good form. Czech Rep are a good side, but will get beaten by Italy IMO.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You never know. The ball's round. BTW the Czech Republic played the better out of the two.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
You never know. The ball's round. BTW the Czech Republic played the better out of the two.
I watched the 1st half of the Czech, they did play well but the USA are shocking. Didn't see much of Ghana though, so who knows.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Robertinho said:
Or if that's not simple enough... where does Winner Group E (Italy) come across Winner Group F (Brazil) before the final?...not in this world cup, that's sure as hell.
I said they'll have to get past either the Italians or Czechs.. You then proceeded to try make an idiot of me claiming that "Brazil and Italy are in completely different halves of the draw." When I disproved this, you then based me being an idiot on the fact that you reckon Italy will win their group. I don't think they will, but seems as I said Brazil will face Italy/Czechs, I wasn't wrong, I was right, you were wrong, and the only person who has made an idiot out of themselves is you.

If you're just gonna assume which teams will win the groups, why play the group stage at all?