Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    If that cretin Poll ever referees a primary school game in future, it'll be far more than he deserves.

What an utter prat.
    He'll be off home I suspect. Cretin.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    That's two missed handballs. Really, both world class referees and linesmen should pick those up.
    Mind, Oz' second goal was a foot offside. Inept refereeing, not biased.

Well. Congrats to the nation whose people care about football for two weeks in 32 years.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    If that cretin Poll ever referees a primary school game in future, it'll be far more than he deserves.

What an utter prat.
    I still vividly remember one Arsenal - Liverpool game 4 or 5 years ago, where Poll went on TV before the game vowing that any discussion after the game wouldn't be about him. How wrong he was (3 reds, all undeserved). I've thought he's rubbish ever since.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

haha that was hilarious, only would have been better if simnovic had scored after supposedly only recieving his first yellow card.

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Croatia down to 11 men with that card.
    Brilliant - best comment ever.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

Can't believe he gave him 3 yellows
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I still vividly remember one Arsenal - Liverpool game 4 or 5 years ago, where Poll went on TV before the game vowing that any discussion after the game wouldn't be about him. How wrong he was (3 reds, all undeserved). I've thought he's rubbish ever since.
    who was the ref who sent off gio van bronkhorst for arsenal when playing against liverpool for supposed diving, turned out gio got hacked down by henchoz i think it was, one of the worst decisions i have ever seen, although im pretty sure it wasnt poll.

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    who was the ref who sent off gio van bronkhorst for arsenal when playing against liverpool for supposed diving, turned out gio got hacked down by henchoz i think it was, one of the worst decisions i have ever seen, although im pretty sure it wasnt poll.
    I remember two of the reds in the game I'm thinking of. McAllister off for Liverpool and Viera for Arsenal, can't remember the other one though.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    By the way, just quietly, me>Kalac.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Mind, Oz' second goal was a foot offside. Inept refereeing, not biased.

Well. Congrats to the nation whose people care about football for two weeks in 32 years.
    That's more or less what I said. World class refereeing would have picked it up - wasn't calling bias (in that post...)

And why the cheap shot? It's the first time we've had reason to celebrate so much. It'd be more of a shame if the Socceroos did this well and didn't get the support they have.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    By the way, just quietly, me>Kalac.
    Does anyone find it slightly amusing that he keeps for AC Milan, one of the teams being investigated in Italy?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    That's more or less what I said. World class refereeing would have picked it up - wasn't calling bias (in that post...)

And why the cheap shot? It's the first time we've had reason to celebrate so much. It'd be more of a shame if the Socceroos did this well and didn't get the support they have.
    Same reason as everyone seems to hate the US team (see the Whose failure are you supporting? thread). Come January, most of you will have forgotten one can kick a round ball, the A-League will be bankrupt in 2008, and Australia will win the Asian Cup without anyone caring.

(sorry. Supported Croatia because of the above, which is completely biased and utter nonsense, and I probably shouldn't post right now. But still...mmf.)

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Same reason as everyone seems to hate the US team (see the Whose failure are you supporting? thread). Come January, most of you will have forgotten one can kick a round ball, the A-League will be bankrupt in 2008, and Australia will win the Asian Cup without anyone caring.

(sorry. Supported Croatia because of the above, which is completely biased and utter nonsense, and I probably shouldn't post right now. But still...mmf.)
    Just remember, when a photoshopped image of you and Kalac having KBS appears mysteriously on the Internet...

It was me.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    A great game to watch, one that kept the interest for the drama rather than the quality of the play, but possibly the game I've enjoyed most!

Kalac is seriously useless. How the hell is he anywhere near the squad, much less the team?! John Filan is an infinitely better keeper than him.

& hats off to Mr Poll. Simunic is surely a future trivia question: which player, playing against the country of his birth, received three yellow cards & got away with a Rugby tackle in the box?

Well played Oz. I actually cheered when Harry scored. Involuntarily, but a cheer anyway!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Doubt Graham Poll will be getting many more games in this World Cup, absolutely moronic display from supposedly are best official.

Sad to see Croatia knocked out, nepotism aside I actually thought over the three games they were the second best team in the group and if they had a striker worth any salt they would have progressed. Credit to Australia though even with Kalac trying to lose the game for them they always stuck out and showed great fighting qualities throughout the tournament.

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information