• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Lol how passionate was Craig Foster at the end of the game when he was interviewed - onya Fozzie :laugh:

That said, apart from being captain does Viduka really should be in the starting line-up?
Haha yeah, Fozzie, legend. Also, Viduka should definitely be there. He played well in the 1st half, and was marked doggedly by Simunic. I'm also absolutely disgusted by Mr Lonely...

Craig

World Traveller
Cloete said:
**** YES!! WE ****ING DID IT! COME ON AUSTRALIA YOU ****ING HEROES! WE ****ING ****ED FIFA UP THE ****ING ****S! I'M ****ING SICK OF THEIR TOTAL ********! HAVE FUN CRYING ABOUT THAT ONE FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS YOU ****ING ****S FIFA! HAHA GHANA AND AUSTRALIA THROUGH! CRYING OVER EUROPE, ASIA AND THE US NOW NO DOUBT?? SERVES YOU THE **** RIGHT FOR BEING SUCH A ****IGN JOKE OF A PIECE OF A **** OF AN ORGANISATION! GRAHAM POLL IS ****ING KIDDING HIMSELF IF HE THINKS HE CAN REFEREE AT A DECENT STANDARD! SHIP HIM OFF TO CROATIA BECAUSE HIS WORLD CUP IS OVER WITH THEIRS!

**** YOU SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND GOING TO THE AIS MUST HAVE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LAND A FAIR TACKLE ON SOMEONE! BET HE'S ****ING HAPPY NOW! HAVE FUN IN CROATIA! I BET THEY DON'T EVEN WANT YOU EITHER :laugh:

WE ****ING DOMINATED THE GAME AND ABSOLUTELY OUTCLASSED CROATIA IN EVERY FACET. PERHAPS THEY WON THE FIFA PREFERRED TEAM STAKES, THOUGH.

**** YOU JAPAN, **** YOU GRAHAM POLL, **** YOU CROATIA AND GET ****ED JOSIP SIMUNIC YOU ****ING ****! LUCAS NEILL IS GOD HIMSELF!

WE ****ING DID IT! WE'RE IN THE 2ND ****ING ROUND!! COME THE **** ON AUSTRALIA! :D:D
:laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
No his fat and 5 goals in 35 odd games is not acceptable, has this man never played against Tonga.

Can not wait for Australia Italy, the dirtiest teams in the tournament facing off against each other. The midfield battle between Vince Grella and Gennaro Gattuso will be ugly.
Red card's aplenty.

Too bad Daniele De Rossi had to do an elbow to the head in the USA game, he could of at least saved it for this game :ph34r: :laugh: :boxed:

And we can never rule out a Marco Materazzi challange on Harry Kewell, or Marco Bresciano or on somebody else...

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
the German take on the game

Bild said:
Kewell lets the Kanguruhs hop
By KLAUS SCHLUETTER and FRANC ERNST

Australia has 2:2 after that against Croatia for the first time a WM round of the last sixteen in the bag.

Which for one fight with four gates and three place references. There the Kaenguruh hops before luck!

Typically Australia.

They ackern up to the conclusion and are recompenced.

Harry Kewell (FC Liverpool/79.) its "Sooceroos" meets in a collective joy-tumbles from four meters, falls.

Which for a gate crime film.

Croatia first shot a hit.

Srna, which verdaddelte against Japan still another Elfer, sinks the 22-Meter-Freistoss to the 1:0 (3.).

Greg of moorlands (38./Foulelfer) strikes back 1:1 for the Aussies -. Breakdown-gate-wait Kalac leaves a Kovac Kovac-Schues over the line holpern - 1:2 (57.).

Australia now raus, Croatia further.

But then Harry Kewell comes.

Ice-coldly, like of Liverpool Prime Minister League professional to the 2:2 (79.) executed.

In the nerve crime film fly still the Croats Simic (AC Mailand/84.) and Simunic (90. +3) as well as Kaenguruh Emerton (87.) with yellow-red down.

2:2 - it is enough!

Now Monday in the round of the last sixteen Italy is to believe to.
how does Craig Moore become Greg of Moorlands? :laugh:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm waiting for my post world cup call up into the Australian team in place of Kalac......

The end was an utter shambles, and Poll will almost certainly not be refereeing the final.

Again though. FIFA have been pretty stupid with their choice of referees for certain games. Mexican ref - England vs Paraguay. Hispanic ref refereeing another Hispanic country. Spainish ref in the Ecuador game. English ref doing an Australia game

Blaze

Banned
I cheered when Kewell scored as well... :ph34r:

Wouldn't have been fair if Croatia had gone through, Australia were dominant for most of the match...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
Again though. FIFA have been pretty stupid with their choice of referees for certain games. Mexican ref - England vs Paraguay. Hispanic ref refereeing another Hispanic country. Spainish ref in the Ecuador game. English ref doing an Australia game
8-) Poll was just as bad to the Croats as the Australians.

Yeah Mexico and Paraguay have so many things in common, other than being as far away as Britain is to the Sudan. The people are exactly the same, the cultural is so similar, both countries speak the same language, Mexicans speak Spanish, the vast majority of Paraguayans speak Guaraní et cetera et cetera.

Also I doubt the Ecuadorians fully understood the Spanish ref, considering people from Ecuador speak colloquial Spanish.

Blaze

Banned
btw Brazil started to string things together in the second half against Japan.

Good to watch, and good to see Ronaldo get a couple of goals.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
8-) Poll was just as bad to the Croats as the Australians.
While I'm not looking to have a whinge about the refereeing, that was clearly not the case. Australia had two of the most blatant penalties you will ever see ignored, including one that should also have been a red card as a deliberate handball prevented a clear shot at goal, and Simunic was left on the field after being given two yellows. Obviously both sides suffered poor decisions, as Kewell was also offside for his goal (though that wasn't Poll's fault), but Australia had the worst of it by a long way.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
While I'm not looking to have a whinge about the refereeing, that was clearly not the case. Australia had two of the most blatant penalties you will ever see ignored, including one that should also have been a red card as a deliberate handball prevented a clear shot at goal, and Simunic was left on the field after being given two yellows. Obviously both sides suffered poor decisions, as Kewell was also offside for his goal (though that wasn't Poll's fault), but Australia had the worst of it by a long way.
For sure but I failed to the see a clear bias which Matteh's post was alluding to, presumably Poll speaks English, Australia people are sometimes known to speak English. Put two and two together and you get five.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
For sure but I failed to the see a clear bias which Matteh's post was alluding to, presumably Poll speaks English, Australia people are sometimes known to speak English. Put two and two together and you get five.
Yeah, I don't think it was biased, just crappy referreeing. In fact, in terms of general fairness in approach to the contest, I thought this game had the best refereeing of the three Australia have been involved in. There's been a clear influence that's come into the refereeing so far from the media image of Australia as a rough team, and I think the foul count of 26-9 or whatever it was in the Brazil game bears that out pretty well. In this game, the referee was pretty fair, he just made a lot of mistakes.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
That's what happens when you enlist third world referees. The cheek of the English press.

We might not be much good but you can't say our games haven't been exciting.

I get a feeling Lygon street is going to get trashed whatever happens in the next game. Italians, Greeks and Croats would have to be the three biggest ex-pat populations in Australia and we will have played them all in the space of a month. Carnage!

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Blaze said:
I cheered when Kewell scored as well... :ph34r:
Me too - well, not so much of a cheer but a clap anyway. Mind you, I also laughed when Kalac let in that second goal...what a terrible keeper. Actually, in general, I haven't been impressed with the standard of goalkeeping in this tournament at all. There have been a number of mistakes - not howlers like Kalac's though - which you wouldn't expect to see from these teams. I reckon our keeper is better than most of the ones on show, and from what I've seen only Cech, Hislop and Buffon have been at the standard I was expecting.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm not gonna lie, I wanted the Aussies to go out - for the same reason I wanted USA to go out, that one nation should not be allowed to be good at every single sport there is. You have to have a weak spot. :p

In all seriousness though, well done Australia, absolutely fantastic effort. Absolute joke of a referee, but you guys came through well. I wasn't supporting you, but I am sort of glad you got through. It's an uncomfortable feeling though. :p ;)