• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I was having this discussion with my mates in the pub yesterday, the consensus is that we're all going to be rooting for the Aussies, as alien a concept as it is to English sports fans who've suffered under the mighty crims yoke for a looooooooong time in Cricket, League & (to v slightly lesser extent) Union.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
David Pleat is a tool, who is he to the take the moral high ground, when you consider what he gets up to at night, can not be deemed legal or even acceptable.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have decided to get up at around 3 am to catch the second half of the Australia game. The only hitch is that I have a biology test second period tomorrow... Anyway, go Japan!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TT Boy said:
Miyamoto should have walked.
Don't be silly.

If that's a sending-off offence then so is every foul in the area.

The defender was guilty of a stumble, resulting in a foul. It wasn't denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity - yellow card at most.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Don't be silly.

If that's a sending-off offence then so is every foul in the area.

The defender was guilty of a stumble, resulting in a foul. It wasn't denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity - yellow card at most.
Just joshing. I am just biased, laid money on the Croats and I can not comprehend how they are not winning this.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Japan are pretty good counter attacking side, should have put the Australian game to bed but they do lack a killer instinct in front of goal and look extremely vulnerable against the aerial strength Croatia possess.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Terribly inept play in front of goal from both sides. I had the feeling this game would be a 0-0 draw, based on the lack of finishing skill shown by both sides in the first games, and it never looked much like being anything else, despite a series of great chances for both sides. The chance that Japan missed around an hour in is surely the easiest of the WC so far to go astray.

Suits Australia nicely. A point against Brazil will all-but ensure qualification now, and even with a heavy loss we'll only need a draw against Croatia.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
or in fact the number of times the rest of the prats in the studio will try and get a cricket reference in.

they show the clip from the previous match where ball took a bobble over the keepers foot.
"it wasn't a flat pitch was it Shane, bit of uneven bounce"
"perhaps there was a bit of spin on the ball"
"the keeper wasn't good enough even to get an edge on that one"

cameras go to Aussie fans in the fan area - cameraman asks them to give Shane in the studio a wave, back to studio where Stev Rider announces "they're bowled over by your presence."

ffs

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
lol was getting worried there, had a bet that the first corner would come within 8 mins, Aussies get a corner after something like 7:55