• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Brazil were the better side, for most of the game at least, but you'd have to say that against a side with better finishers they'd probably have conceded a few goals. Aside from Kaka, Ronaldinho and Lucio, it wasn't much of an effort from any of them, and Ronaldo was just terrible.

Brazil obviously have more raw talent than any other team, but they looked far from unbeatable tonight.

Obvious concern for Australia playing them next is that giving the same amount of space to Brazil's midfield that we gave to Japan would be suicide, but hopefully Guus is up to that challenge and has some plans in mind. My thoughts about our chances of securing a result against them have certainly improved, anyway.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Lovely strike. Out of nothing, really. Harsh on Croatia who had contained Brazil very well until then. We'll see if they have a plan "B" now.
They had. Unfortunately it involved botching the lot of chances they made.

Babic looked really dangerous as left winger, and the back three + Tudor was solid. Prso and Kranjcar looked like they could create some problems for Oz, too - and why did they take off Klasnic?

Oh well. Watch them bottle it against Japan now. Talented squad regardless.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Croatia showed that at the back Brazil are far from secured as they are with their superb fowards. That should be a good sign for other major teams i.e Italy, England, Argentina when the tournament get to the knockout rounds.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Brazil scrape past Croatia, were really quite lucky not to be punished for their mistakes at the back. Only Kaka, Cafu and Lucio seemed switched on. Ronaldo appeared to be immobilised following another encounter with his mortal enemy, the pie.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Brazil's conditioning trainer should be shot, BTW. Has there ever been a fatter front two than Ronaldo & Adriano?! Emerson & Roberto Carlos hardly svelte either.
The trainer can't stop him scoffing pies in Madrid!

Not a great result from Australia's perspective. We would have liked a bit more goal difference and Croatia looked tidy. I guess it could have been worse, Croatia probably deserved something from that game in the end.

Kaka :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you're any good you'll go through by winning games and not relying on Brazil to tonk others. Have faith in your own team.

Brazil were disaappointing.

The reason Ronaldo was subbed early is the buffet was closing in 5 minutes

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Brazil didn't look too good today. If the Croatians had taken their chances they would have won. Other prospective title challengers should take notes. The Brazilians had better improve.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
A couple of Pointers...

* How Fat are the Brazillians :laugh:
* The game never reached any great heights, and to say Croatia were good could also be countered with Brazil were nothing special. They were Lazy, and seemed to lack interest...
* How Fat are the Brazillians :laugh:
* On the point that Croatia are better then Australia, Maybe so, BUT Croatia's problem has always been consistency, they are likley to come out against Japan and get beat...
* Did i mention about the overweight Brazillians :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
* On the point that Croatia are better then Australia, Maybe so, BUT Croatia's problem has always been consistency, they are likley to come out against Japan and get beat...
this was their first competetive defeat since Euro 2004, that suggests they have been pretty consistent of late

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Croatia played well enough to deserve not to lose certainly.
Brazil did just enough to get through with the win, and Kaka's goal got me some money :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Great Birtannia said:
We are not better than Croatia, being realistic, so we need all the help we can get.
Isn't Viduka of Croat parents ? That would help.:laugh:

SOS for Mark Bosnich (he's croat origin too -that may help :D )

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
JASON said:
Isn't Viduka of Croat parents ? That would help.:laugh:

SOS for Mark Bosnich (he's croat origin too -that may help :D )
I think about half our team is. And Croatia have 3 (??) guys who could've played for Australia, too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I scored a hat-trick in our 4-2 win today, chuck me in one of the sides. :D

Very interesting game, how good is Prso?! Really caused havok on the left-wing, pity none of the other strikers really helped him out. I thought our back line were superb, Simic was good and Babic had some great runs. Losing Kovac really killed us though, he was having a great game. Lots of positives. :thumbsup:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
I think about half our team is. And Croatia have 3 (??) guys who could've played for Australia, too.
So in a sense Australia v Croatia will be Australian Croats v Croatian Croats right ? :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
I scored a hat-trick in our 4-2 win today, chuck me in one of the sides. :D

Very interesting game, how good is Prso?! Really caused havok on the left-wing, pity none of the other strikers really helped him out. I thought our back line were superb, Simic was good and Babic had some great runs. Losing Kovac really killed us though, he was having a great game. Lots of positives. :thumbsup:
Aussies will need Tonic to beat the Croats !!:laugh: