• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You dream world cup final

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
vic_orthdox said:
Anyone care to remind me how the USA went in the World Cup thing that was just held for baseball? :ph34r:
Who cares about baseball? In any case, Japan won it. And baseball is liked in Japan, and most of the players who won it, play in US anyway. It's not a big deal if Japan wins it since they love the sport there, and its popular. That's not the case with Soccer and the US.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
Who cares about baseball? In any case, Japan won it. And baseball is liked in Japan, and most of the players who won it, play in US anyway. It's not a big deal if Japan wins it since they love the sport there, and its popular. That's not the case with Soccer and the US.
I heard that the USA squad for the World Cup is really struggling to get up to the 23 players limit because noone in America actually likes the game. :unsure:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Matteh said:
I heard that the USA squad for the World Cup is really struggling to get up to the 23 players limit because noone in America actually likes the game. :unsure:

LOL wouldn't suprise me. :) Actually, I've heard that our team is decent. Not european or south american standard, but decent. That suprised me, as I have no idea where the players come from. I know we suprised some people in South Korea, but I thought it was a one-time luck thing.

cpr

International Coach
silentstriker said:
That suprised me, as I have no idea where the players come from.

I'm guessing most of them are American....

.... Though i wouldnt be surprised if most were picked up along the southern califoria border :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Matteh said:
Major League Soccer = 12 squads * at least 15 US players in each = 180 players. Plus the 10 or so that are over in Europe playing football. :p

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Back to the topic :-

Dream World Cup final will be :- England Vs. Argentina With argentina winning again by some miracle such as 'Hand of God'. ;)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
England vs the Argies, 3-0, Crouch hattrick

with 3rd place playoff

Germany vs Holland

Germany exact revenge for the Rijkard-Voller incident as over the course of the game, the entire squad manage to land greenies in the horse's mane. The horse starts crying, Robben is sparked out by Lehmann, Score is irrelavant.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England V Brazil

England win 7-0, thanks to six goals from owen hargreaves and an overhead kick from Paul Robinson

I considered writing something decent and semi-amusing, but there was no way I could top cpr's piece, which had me, quite literally, p***ing myself at my desk.

cpr said:
Due to gangrene Rooney has had his right leg amputated, so sven puts him on the left wing ahead of joe cole
^^^Funniest thing ever

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
England v Australia :laugh: It will be the Ashes all over !!

Footballing Ashes !!:laugh:

Referee - Italian Colina (can't remember first name) . 2 sending offs from each side !!:laugh:

The score line 3-3 and England win on penalty shoot out .:D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matteh said:
In fact, Fishing would you believe is the world's number one sport.
Not sure about that.

It's certainly Britain's No 1 participant sport with over 4 million who go 'at least once a year', but as for world-wide?

There's a few billion Chinese and South Asians who just might push footy, cricket, mah-jongg (Chinese version of 'slam de dominor') ahead of fishing - or rather, 'angling' as opposed to catching fish in order to stay alive.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Indeed, say baseball is girly-boy rounders to baseball fans or baseball is just a crap, unpopular, insular version of cricket - then explain to them what insular means.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: