• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who do you pick to have a good tournament?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
Riquelme or Kewell?
Kewell - i remember thinking whilst he was at Leeds that he was going to be amazing...and he's been injured and fell out the limelight somewhat

Cloete

International Captain
Matteh said:
Kewell - i remember thinking whilst he was at Leeds that he was going to be amazing...and he's been injured and fell out the limelight somewhat
Yeah before the World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay I was writing him off. I thought yeah he'd be a good player for us but nothing special. After he'd been out with the injury for so long and, before the injury, looked so bad for Liverpool.

Then he came and played for Aus and was sensational. He was amazing in that second leg. He's just continued that form this season for Liverpool. Scored two top goals but his passing, dribbling, vision and running off the ball have been excellent this season. Alot of that would get unnoticed though.

I can see why you thought he'd be massive though. Some of his performances in 2000 and 2001 for Leeds were sensational. He scored two absoluet crackers, a volley from near on halfway and possibly one of the best chips I've seen against Sheffield Wednesday. Add to that the fact that he could dribble past almost everyone in the premiership at that stage.

We'll see if he can continue to climb back up to his potential, if he has a good World Cup I reckon he'll do it. In fact, I'd be game to say he'll do it during the World Cup, whether or not Australia progress.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Cloete said:
We'll see if he can continue to climb back up to his potential, if he has a good World Cup I reckon he'll do it. In fact, I'd be game to say he'll do it during the World Cup, whether or not Australia progress.
I'd back Newhill and Veart over him, to be honest. :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
Kewell anyone?

Even The Kop were writing him off before this season. Now they love him...

My BIG tip is Riquelme though. I think he's just gonna be on fire. Not a great athlete by any stretch of the imagination. But he just has so much technical ability and a great mind. His vision really is second to none. Wouldn't mind seeing D'Allesandro and Riquelme playing alongside each other in a few years time! My sympathies would be with the defenders marking them...Just don't open your legs! :D
I'll take you up on Kewell, I think he'll go alright!

Craig

World Traveller
Matteh said:
Carlos Tevez of Argentina....
if he does well in the tournament...he'll be a great player for years to come...
He's sort of the Wayne Rooney of Argentina....
Yet is roiting away in Brazil.

IMO if, and probably and when he get's to Europe he will probably be one of the bigger primma donna's going around.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd fancy Gerrard to outshine Lampard this summer, Gerrard has had a better season and I think the only time Lampard has truly outshone Gerrard for England is Euro 2004 where Gerrard just wasn't at the races. Regardless of that argument though, I think we have the best central midfield pairing in the competition.

I'll tell you what though, everyone's written him off, I have a feeling David Beckham will do great things in Germany

Cloete

International Captain
Craig said:
Yet is roiting away in Brazil.

IMO if, and probably and when he get's to Europe he will probably be one of the bigger primma donna's going around.
He's there by choice as well. He's an absolute idiot IMO. If Tevez was in Europe he'd be a massive hit by now. But I spose he was waiting for a really good club until he moves. Cavenaghi probably made the wrong decision in moving to Russia.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
cavenaghi was overated anyway if you ask me, it was the wrong decision perhaps...but i dont think he would have really made the grade anywhere else, i think larger clubs had concerns over his likelehood to get injured which is why he perhaps ended up in russia rather than spain.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Blewy said:
Im expecting big things from John Aloisi.. IMO he is the Aussies #1 striker and i think he will show what he is capable of...
Aloisi! Portsmouth legend. :D

*sings*
Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi, Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi.....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Inzaghi, he seems to be getting it together again, if he keeps it up he could really have a good tournament up front with Italy.

Damn do Italy have a good strike force, Totti, Inzaghi, Toni, Gilardino, Cassano, Del Pieiro, Vieri. All wont go off course, but any combination in good form could be nightmare for Interantional defences.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
Inzaghi, he seems to be getting it together again, if he keeps it up he could really have a good tournament up front with Italy.

Damn do Italy have a good strike force, Totti, Inzaghi, Toni, Gilardino, Cassano, Del Pieiro, Vieri. All wont go off course, but any combination in good form could be nightmare for Interantional defences.
Hypothetical situation:

The first time someone loses the ball, the opposition run through and score with no-one chasing back. It's Totti's fault, of course, but he blames everyone else like the Prima Donna waster he is. The rest of the team take the huff, Del Pieiro takes his ego home and the entire side implodes like they normally do.

Did I say hypothetical? I've seen it happen to them in at least 3 World cups for a start.

Craig

World Traveller
Barney Rubble said:
Aloisi! Portsmouth legend. :D

*sings*
Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi, Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi.....
Yet ironically (suppose it is or not I don't know or care) that once he left Osasuna to go to Alaves, Osasune are now a good chance of making it to the CL qualifying 3rd round :laugh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ronaldinho, Lionel Messi, Jorge Andrade, Luca Toni, Juan Roman Riquelme, Juan Pablo Sorin, Cesc Fabregas, Javier Mascherano, Lucas Neil, Carlos Puyol, Vicente and Fernando Torres.

Cloete

International Captain
TT Boy said:
His cack on Pro Evo.
Cack as in ****?

If so... you have to play the Master League. Turns into an absolute god after a few seasons! Mathieu and Mascherano are my DM's :D

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Cack as in ****?

If so... you have to play the Master League. Turns into an absolute god after a few seasons! Mathieu and Mascherano are my DM's :D
Yes..

Never bothered playing Master League, just play online. Mascherano would only start for me if Esteban Cambiasso was out of form (blue or pink).

Cloete

International Captain
TT Boy said:
Yes..

Never bothered playing Master League, just play online. Mascherano would only start for me if Esteban Cambiasso was out of form (blue or pink).
Fair enough. What are you playing PES on? PC? Online play would be brilliant...

The Master League is tops though, dunno why you haven't given it a crack!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cloete said:
Fair enough. What are you playing PES on? PC? Online play would be brilliant...

The Master League is tops though, dunno why you haven't given it a crack!
Yeah I have Pro Evo on PC, online is tops though the lag can be a problem sometimes, one minute you have the ball the next the ball is in the back of your net.