• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread - SJS Format

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In summary this geezer scored his adopted country's most important ever goal in a World Cup qualifier after being born in Airdrie and before dying.

Bloody hell, could be anyone

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GeraintIsMyHero said:
In summary this geezer scored his adopted country's most important ever goal in a World Cup qualifier after being born in Airdrie and before dying.

Bloody hell, could be anyone
Jesus! Lucas Neill is the clue! What is Lucas Neill aside from a defender....? :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australian

I forget the geezer's name now, I only read it in FourFourTwo on Saturday

Barney Rubble

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
:D Quite possibly, but they don't phrase it quite like that on his passport...
Australian?

In which case, we're looking for a dead Australian who was born in Airdrie. I'm assuming whoever it was scored the goal that got them to the 1974 World Cup? But then, I didn't even think they had qualifiers back then....:blink:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Am I allowed to check in books?

Because Ive done some looking up and I think I know the answer but Im not posting it as Im not sure if its cheating.

Let me know if I can post my guess, though I still do not get the Lucas Neil connection.