• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Quarter Final - South Africa v Sri Lanka (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
Lot of focus on Sanga and mahela.

Dilshan and possibly Lasith and Kula have all played their last game also.
All of them have been great ambassadors for Sri lankan cricket.
Dilshan wants to play in the next WC.. we might see him at 42 for all we know - not like SL is overflowing with talent to replace him anyway.

BeeGee

International Captain
Choking is one of those terms that seems to mean entirely different things to different people. Some people take a broad definition and apply the word to any instance of the size of occasion negatively affecting the performance of a team. For others, it is reserved strictly for throwing away a good position due to these mental factors, or losing a game to a lesser side. For a few it just seems to be defined as South Africa losing a cricket game. I just don't think it's a very useful description of anything anymore because you will always descend into a semantic debate over definitions. We all know what actually happened in that innings; that's not up for debate. Do we really need to decide whether it should be considered a choke or not? If we have different ideas about what contributed to the low score, lets talk about that.. but I don't think we do.
I agree with you, it wasn't a choke. :ph34r:

Actually, it was a SA unconstrict or blockage clearance.

Last edited:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Very very poor batting from Sri Lanka. Some of those dismissals were sooooooooooooo soft. Appalling batting performance. Tahir and pie chucky JP Duminy took 7 wickets between them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Sri Lanka could play spin ????
So dissapionted , QF was rubbish. All the talking up of Sri Lanka before the match I was ready for the most exciting match up for the QFs and Sri Lanka came out with just the worst performance I have ever seen them play. Underwhelming. I dont think SA bowled THAT well.
man oh man.

Only thing is Tahir wont get that turn at Eden Park. Duminy will bowl soft pies at Eden Park

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Sanga's innings was ****. Just accept it ffs
It wasn't great but it was hardly ****.. Below par from him, but he would've made up for it and help SL make ~260-275 if the others hung around with him.