• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which World Cup players will end their International careers to be a Kolpak?

brockley

International Captain
Well their has already been talk about Robin Peterson and Ryan mclaren,but Mclaren got a national contract.Imran Tahir he is 35,previous county experience.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Is Kolpak restricted to players from the countries with certain agreements with the EU?

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Yes Sarun,and NZ and Australia are doing looking at an EU deal,which would bring a flood.

Zimbabwe,West Indies and South Africa have Kolpak contracts with Europe and England.

Chubb

International Regular
There's always been rumours about Brendan Taylor jumping ship for a county. This time they may be accurate, I don't know.

brockley

International Captain
Yep Hampshire have a cheque book out,and he missed the IPL and i doubt he will make the next world cup,so ods on.
Gayle,Pollard and Dwayne Bravo could jump ship with the WCB woes,and the cuts in wages.Gayle is 35.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well their has already been talk about Robin Peterson and Ryan mclaren,but Mclaren got a national contract.Imran Tahir he is 35,previous county experience.
Don't think any of the current world cup squad will but like you say those 2 might look to play county but lets see what route.

McLaren - said that he could look to seal a county cricket deal this summer but not as a Kolpak player. "It is an option to go to England, but as an overseas player. These offers came in before, not as a result of being left out," he said. "My commitment is still with Cricket South Africa."