• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heef Channels the Likely Lads (aka NZ vs. Aus replay)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For those who've never seen the classic British sitcom, Whatever happened to the Likely Lads?, there's a wonderful episode where the two main characters are trying to avoid finding out the score in a football match so they can watch the full replay in the evening

Today, I suffer the same. I've been painting windows all day (from 10am until now) and have missed the cricket thus far (I guess the first innings is over by now, perhaps). I even missed the opportunity to watch the game at the pub with 16Tins. Anyway, I'm avoiding the match thread and anywhere that could inform me of the match situation. Once the replay starts, I'll be posting comments in this thread so that everyone else can point and laugh with the benefit of hindsight.

I'll catch you all later.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah way is that gonna work if you post in here as if watching live..........someone is bound to **** you up mate, even if unintentionally.

Good luck with it though.

HeathDavisSpeed

It looks to be over. TV has been paused at the start time. Must have been an early finish which suggests it is likely to have been a blow out one way or the other. On we go.

HeathDavisSpeed

Clarke wins the toss. No biggie for NZ - pretty used to losing the toss by now. NZ will want some early wickets to ensure the explosive Australian lower order can't just come in and swing from ball 1.

HeathDavisSpeed

Not a great start from Southee. Not getting the lines right, and not really getting the length right either. Interesting to see early swing though - could be interesting for the Australian top order if the ball keeps swinging.

Two shots bursting through midwicket as well - a bit uncharacteristic that. Nervy start, NZ.

EDIT: So hard not to read other threads between posts atm - but any of them could have spoilers in them.

C'mon Boult - on the money, please.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Better start from Boult, but some ghastly shot there from Warner. Blaming the size of the ground for the boundary, those comms, but given how quickly that went, it would have been a boundary anywhere.

HeathDavisSpeed

:facepalm: Terrible first ball to Watson. Southee all over the place, despite the wicket. Really not good when Watson's under so much pressure to make a score.

HeathDavisSpeed

Boult bowling well here. Seems to be hitting his lengths much, much better than Southee. Needs a bit of luck, but good signs from him.

Loved the panorama shot there of Eden Park. Can't remember the last time I saw it so full during daylight hours. A good hum of atmosphere as well.

HeathDavisSpeed

Waugh "Watson going about his business very quietly". Pah, first time for everything, eh?

Warner going along quite erratically. Seems to be struggling a bit with Boult, but dealing with Southee with consummate ease. The quality of the bowling on offer from the opening pair probably causing that difference.