• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously don;t watch cricket or could not identify Randiv.
You obviously dont know that Indian team are best players of spin bowling. They will just use their feet and come down the track and hit him everywhere

Your strategies against other teams like Aussies , Pommmies and Kiwis who just dont bother to ever learn to play spin in subcontinent will never work against India. Got it ?

Your actually lucky that Murali is confident of playing tomorrows game.

Though I wont be suprised if he misses out , the way Shoaib Akhtar missed out shockingly and also if he underperforms like Afridi and throws away the match to please his inlaws who are Indians.lol.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Randiv has got a loser's attitude anyway, won't be a big factor in the game. He gave up and bowled a no ball to make India win instead of fighting till the end like a man in an ODI game.

smash84

The Tiger King
You obviously dont know that Indian team are best players of spin bowling. They will just use their feet and come down the track and hit him everywhere

Your strategies against other teams like Aussies , Pommmies and Kiwis who just dont bother to ever learn to play spin in subcontinent will never work against India. Got it ?

Your actually lucky that Murali is confident of playing tomorrows game.

Though I wont be suprised if he misses out , the way Shoaib Akhtar missed out shockingly and also if he underperforms like Afridi and throws away the match to please his inlaws who are Indians.lol.
the most appropriate thing to say I guess would be WAC.

Dude good spin bowling troubled India a lot in the semi-final. In fact only Gul (and Razzaq) was totally wayward in the semi-final otherwise the Indian batsmen looked totally at sea against the other bowlers (mostly spinners). I think I agree with Migara that you haven't really watched cricket EVER.

Afridi's in laws are Indian?????

I was also Shocked to see jayawardene in the media hitting back at those who were saying that Middle order hasnt been tested and arent as good as the top order and said that middle order is as ""good"" as top order

Ranatunga was clearly pointing out that it was a weakness that needed to be addressed

smash84

The Tiger King
Randiv has got a loser's attitude anyway, won't be a big factor in the game. He gave up and bowled a no ball to make India win instead of fighting till the end like a man in an ODI game.
not defending Randiv's actions here (which I thought were very unsporting in that match) but these tactics can be read as very competitive.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not defending Randiv's actions here (which I thought were very unsporting in that match) but these tactics can be read as very competitive.
At the risk of opening a can of worms, why do you think so? Yes, the match was pretty much lost at that stage, but still, donating 5 runs in byes and no-balls just to deny an individual milestone is, indeed, a loser's mentality.

smash84

The Tiger King
it all depends on how you define a loser's mentality???? Randiv didn't want a century scored against SL. In that sense I would say that he was within the rules to do that.

Extremely unsporting though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
it all depends on how you define a loser's mentality???? Randiv didn't want a century scored against SL. In that sense I would say that he was within the rules to do that.

Extremely unsporting though.
Did you see what Malinga did to SA in the 2007 WC game? 4 wickets in 4 balls. Anything is possible in cricket and he basically accepted defeat before his team lost. So, Randiv = Loser.

smash84

The Tiger King
Did you see what Malinga did to SA in the 2007 WC game? 4 wickets in 4 balls. Anything is possible in cricket and he basically accepted defeat before his team lost. So, Randiv = Loser.
Not a very good argument.

Yes. Anything is possible in cricket. Yuvraj hit broad for 6 sixes in an over. How many times will you back another player to do that?????

R_D

International Debutant
:laugh:
I hope he plays.... Sehwag would be looking forward to seeing Randiv back again.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder if SL will get any advantage of having played a game at Mumbai... really getting nervous for this one now. It would suck so much if we were to lose another WC final, especially at home. Then again, it would be the same for SL after 2007.