• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Tahir

Teja.

Global Moderator
He entered into int'l cricet literally directly in the WC and his record in the 5 matches he's played in is 14 wickets @ 10.71. He's been amazing so far to watch too. Looks a real talent. Reckon he'll do extremely well in tests. Might well be the find of this decade, IMO. WAG. This could make SA's test bowling attack very very strong.

Looks ****ing hot too

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Remember a few posters laughing when he got hit in his first over vs. WI :D

He's good for South African cricket. Good for cricket in general actually!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whether he'll play enough to be the find of this decade remains to be seen. The wrong side of 30 IIRC?

Xuhaib

International Coach
amazing to think he played fc cricket in Pakistan till the age of 26.Was slated to be picked for the 2005 tour to India when he picked 70 odd wickets for the season but Woolmer believd that kaneria was the # 1 spinner and they did not need another leggie as a backup so they went with Arshad khan who was an offie.Was also being persued by his good mate Salman Butt earlier last summer before spot fixing gate happened.

Seems to have come a long way and deserves all his success, you know Pakistan produce great bowlers when they have one of the best attacks despite having their 2 best fast bowlers banned and a leggie turning up as a main spinner for another strong test nation:cool:

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
You can't judge him on 5 matches alone.If he was so damn good,then he would have played for Pakistan's senior team at some point.Sure,he had competition,but he would have played a match or two.I think he's a good bowler who had a great tournament.I would be very surprised if he manages to continue that for the foreseeable future.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Beaut of a bowler to watch. And I'm not normally even a fan of spinners. Hope he gets a good run in Tests.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The wrong side of 30 IIRC?
Yer. Turns 32 in a couple of days actually. He's a spinner though and looks pretty fit(fits the bill for both meanings of the word), His action is not particularly stressful. Has a good 5-6 years to offer, one hopes.

Xuhaib

International Coach
You can't judge him on 5 matches alone.If he was so damn good,then he would have played for Pakistan's senior team at some point.Sure,he had competition,but he would have played a match or two.I think he's a good bowler who had a great tournament.I would be very surprised if he manages to continue that for the foreseeable future.
was unfortunate that his career coincided earlier with Saqi then a young Kaneria who was going great guns his fc record playing in Pakistan was not bad.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
probably better for him that he is playing for RSA, because otherwise Kakmal would have ruined his career just like Kenerias.