• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
Have a look at the top ranked team.

As great as an India-Aus QF would be it would be a grand shame to have that match before the semis.

Quaggas

State Captain
Fair point.

Edit: BTW, England SA were plain old lucky in their India games. Aus would have to up their game, one feels.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would like to see:

India vs. NZ
Pakistan vs. SA
England vs. Australia
WI vs. SL

BeeGee

International Captain
Have a look at the top ranked team.

As great as an India-Aus QF would be it would be a grand shame to have that match before the semis.
Yeah, it's a totally biased prediction, but certainly not an impossible one.

Speaking as a fan of a team that isn't Aus or India, I'd love to see that QF match-up. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My fixtures list says it's A4 vs B1 on March 26. :unsure:
The problem is we don't know who's playing where and people aren't sure if the venue is fixed to a date or the match-up.

All thanks to the farcical home ground knock out games ruling.

Blaze 18

Banned
The problem is we don't know who's playing where and people aren't sure if the venue is fixed to a date or the match-up.

All thanks to the farcical home ground knock out games ruling.
I think it's the venues that aren't fixed, i.e, it depends on the teams playing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's the other way round to be honest, venue is fixed on a date but the teams aren't.

Either way it's a bit stupid.

centurymaker

International Captain
It's pretty straightforward.

Wed Mar 23 A1 V B4
Quarter Final C - TBC v TBC
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
Australia (if they beat pakistan) V West Indies (if they lose to India and bangaldesh lose to SA)

Thu Mar 24 A3 V B2
Quarter Final D - TBC v TBC
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
India (if they beat West Indies) V New Zealand (if they lose against Sri Lanka)

Fri Mar 25 A4 V B1
Quarter Final E - TBC v TBC
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
Pakistan (if they lose to Australia) V South Africa (if they beat Bangladesh)

Sat Mar 26 A2 V B3
Quarter Final F - TBC v TBC
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Srilanka (if they beat NZ) v England (if both West Indies and Bangladesh lose their games)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With all those ifs in there then it's far from straightforward though.

India lose to WI and suddenly there's changes to who plays where.

howardj

International Coach
I can confirm that Australia can only finish 1st or 3rd, and that tonight's game is, in terms of their pool position, inconsequential (unless in the unlikely event that tonight's game is tied).

We will therefore play either on Wednesday night or Friday night.

centurymaker

International Captain
With all those ifs in there then it's far from straightforward though.

India lose to WI and suddenly there's changes to who plays where.
Even if they didn't have this home ground rule, a result like that would still change everything.

Eg B4 goes up to B2, B2 goes down to B3, B3 goes down to B4 so basically all 3 of these teams would then play at different venues and on different dates.

Last edited:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I am afraid Pakistan is going to win tomorrow. Shahid Afridi is determined to win and reach the top of Group A table.

India vs. Australia in the quarter finals is very likely. We all know what the result will be. :cry:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
I am afraid Pakistan is going to win tomorrow. Shahid Afridi is determined to win and reach the top of Group A table.

India vs. Australia in the quarter finals is very likely. We all know what the result will be. :cry:
Match fixing results made public?