Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

16 72.73%
  • Zimbabwe

6 27.27%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Australianism is dead. Indianism is on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Australianism is dead. Indianism is on the rise.
    You define false confidence tbh.

Bun
    Banned
    Please get the title spelling error corrected, James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Please get the title spelling error corrected, James.
    Haha, fixed.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    You define false confidence tbh.
    Really? So looking back at India's performances in the last couple of years, you don't think they've improved drastically in terms of mental strength and willpower? India has come back strong from very difficult situations and won games. Not once or twice, but many times recently. Gone are the days when India was a one man team, now guys in the team actually stand up, believe in their abilities, and take on the responsibility to win it for their team. No longer do the players rely on others or one man to do the job, rather each player hold himself responsible. And the results over the last couple of years, and the nature of these results is substantial proof. No longer does India wilt under pressure. As Dhoni said, India have started to turn pressure into responsibility.

Also, don't forget India's poor starts to tours. Yet despite being thrashed, they gut it out and come back hard. I think Gambhir's test performance in the recent South Africa series is a prime example of this. He did not have the ideal technique to succeed in those conditions, yet he showed tremendous heart to battle it out and do so. And let's not forget Pathan's efforts in the ODIs. Yes it is still in the early stages, but notice I never said it is well and alive, rather that it is on the rise.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 20-02-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    does it look like we care about india

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I don't understand your first sentence.

You're relying on history way too much. We're nowhere near the same outfit as previous occasions. And our middle order will almost definitely bat like dorks, like they did the whole summer.

Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.
    Its pretty simple mate, I'm definitely not talking about the times of the Waughs, Warnes or McGraths; in fact pretty much the same Aussie squad that you are just completly blowing off has in recent times gone onto beat India in India and win the Champions trophy.

White, Clarke and Haddin have form issues but that doesn't mean all of them suddenly become crap cricketers, I think with a rejuvenated Ponting back at helm things are gonna get better or atleast as an Aussie fan I'm hoping that would be the case.

I think not much notice has gone to this but I loved how Ponting gave Haddin a rocket in the media for constantly throwing away his starts with the bat, most other captains won't do this but this is what sets Ponting apart, he hardly minces his words and if anything I'm now definitely expecting better performances from Haddin with the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Its pretty simple mate, I'm definitely not talking about the times of the Waughs, Warnes or McGraths; in fact pretty much the same Aussie squad that you are just completly blowing off has in recent times gone onto beat India in India and win the Champions trophy.

White, Clarke and Haddin have form issues but that doesn't mean all of them suddenly become crap cricketers, I think with a rejuvenated Ponting back at helm things are gonna get better or atleast as an Aussie fan I'm hoping that would be the case.

I think not much notice has gone to this but I loved how Ponting gave Haddin a rocket in the media for constantly throwing away his starts with the bat, most other captains won't do this but this is what sets Ponting apart, he hardly minces his words and if anything I'm now definitely expecting better performances from Haddin with the bat.
    That’s nice of Punter. Did **** all in the Ashes, done nothing much with the bat for 2 year, scores a few runs in the warm-ups and then starts putting pressure on other batsman to perform.

Reading through the article...

"When you come in on wickets like these over here, it's hard to go in and hit the ball straight away because the pace of the wickets, and of the bowlers you're going to face, are a bit more foreign than we're accustomed to," Ponting said. "Even at the top of the order, we know Haddin and Watson are going to score pretty quickly, but Pup [Michael Clarke] and I are going to need to take our time to get set and make sure that we build a partnership and keep wickets in hand through those middle overs."
    Let the SR-related moaning commence.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    That’s nice of Punter. Did **** all in the Ashes, done nothing much with the bat for 2 year, scores a few runs in the warm-ups and then starts putting pressure on other batsman to perform.
    Haha. Just the other day everyone was saying how refreshing it was to hear Dhoni (iirc) say Sreesanth has to up his game. We can't have it both ways - bag standard cliche speak then bag them when they speak their minds.

It's not like Ponting has been out there excluding himself from criticism either.

Just score runs ffs.*

*Hoping in the current climate that doesn't lead to infraction points.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    How soon before the matches start do these polls close? I always miss out

There's a lot to like about this Zim side. Almost more than the Australian one, dare I say.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!

Where did I say we're completely blowing them off? In the other thread I said we'd get to the semis.

The point is, as you say, is that the Australian batsmen are not in good form, in fact they're in much worse form than in the CT, and we're minus Hussey. On pitches likely to take turn, against Zimbabwe's spin-based attack, then this -

Quote Originally Posted by pup11
    Haha... mate if we can't even play the Zimbabwean spinners properly than we might just as well pack our bags and leave.
    seems like you've misunderstood the situation.

Again, though, let's see what happens tonight.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    We lost against Sri Lanka at home. And Australianism for mine would be coming back from 2-0 down in the Ashes to win 3-2, instead of winning a solitary Test. (Yes I know the 1st Test was a draw)

Hussey isn't playing in this World Cup. With him went the last bit of A'ism.
    Again you are mixing the Aussie test side with the Aussie ODI side, the Aussie test side has gone to the dogs ever since Hilditch took over and his utterly ridiculous selections have driven the test side to the position where we are now, fortunately though the ODI side has somehow managed to stay stable in between all this.

Now.... the Indian and Sri Lankan ODI series just prior to a long Ashes summer was the most ridiculous example of cricket scheduling in ages, and if losing such an inconsequential ODI series kills Australianism then I can't say much about that.

When people look at the recent 6-1 series win over England I think they tend to forget that those wins weren't really handed to us on a platter, there were a lot of games where we were basically down and out but still some different individual rose to the ocassion everytime and bailed us out of trouble, think that's ample proof that Australianism is still alive and well.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Again you are mixing the Aussie test side with the Aussie ODI side, the Aussie test side has gone to the dogs ever since Hilditch took over and his utterly ridiculous selections have driven the test side to the position where we are now, fortunately though the ODI side has somehow managed to stay stable in between all this.

Now.... the Indian and Sri Lankan ODI series just prior to a long Ashes summer was the most ridiculous example of cricket scheduling in ages, and if losing such an inconsequential ODI series kills Australianism then I can't say much about that.

When people look at the recent 6-1 series win over England I think they tend to forget that those wins weren't really handed to us on a platter, there were a lot of games where we were basically down and out but still some different individual rose to the ocassion everytime and bailed us out of trouble, think that's ample proof that Australianism is still alive and well.
    Haha, why are you even quoting this? BoyBrumby is the one who brought up the Ashes, so I responded to him about it, thank you very much.

So the two ODI Series that we lose don't matter, because of scheduling, but the English one is important? Or could it be that India and Sri Lanka are very, very good sides, and England just almost lost against Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Haha. Just the other day everyone was saying how refreshing it was to hear Dhoni (iirc) say Sreesanth has to up his game. We can't have it both ways - bag standard cliche speak then bag them when they speak their minds.

It's not like Ponting has been out there excluding himself from criticism either.

Just score runs ffs.*

*Hoping in the current climate that doesn't lead to infraction points.
    But Sreesanth is crap thus an easy target. Bhaji was useless for 2 years but never heard a peep out of Dhoni about him or any comments about Dravid's form either. Also Haddin seems a strange target, what about Cam White?

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information