• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

rpcfernando

Cricket Spectator
No, but he has been bowling superbly. As has Glenn McGrath, and I don't think anyone would call him young.
When Jayasuriya firing in 96/97 Great Wasim Akram also said he has nothing to do with bowl

What about Mr. Bond he is still young lad for Jayasuriya

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The last few posts have been dire really, after such a good post by SJS. What do emblems have to do with the match, seriously? And as for rpcfernando, can you get any more biased? There's a reason Jayasuriya only averages 33 - he's average.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Which brings up an interesting point really, if this broke into a bit of biffo.

Who would win? Bats and balls are included of course.

Half the New Zealand team are giants, and McCullum looks fiesty. Sri Lanka wouldn't have stood a chance if Lou "Looks like a bulldog" Vincent was there.

I think in a big televised fight.

New Zealand $1.40

Sri Lanka $2.60
would make that more like 12.60 for SL

Athlai

Not Terrible
The last few posts have been dire really, after such a good post by SJS. What do emblems have to do with the match, seriously? And as for rpcfernando, can you get any more biased? There's a reason Jayasuriya only averages 33 - he's average.
Emblems are excellent. I judge all my team performances on them.
Every single of any tournament. You see because they actually mean something, and the players are given a test before chosen for a team.

While testing the Sri Lankan players, several people were dropped because they were just not "lion enough", some were to much like "tigers" perfect for Bangladesh, but not the kind of player they want in this team of Lions.

All these attributes are tested. Its all science really. You really seem quite silly in ignoring these proven facts.

Lion versus a Kiwi, the only way the Kiwi could win is if it choked. Simple logic don't ya think?

FILOCRICKET

Banned
Mr. Bond is another bowler for Jayasuriya Do you know how many bowlers future destroyed by him Mr. Bond better find a place to hide

as well as on Saturday night good for lion they have kangaroo for dinner

Dont get too ahead of yourself you should focus more on the semi finals before Kangaroo hunting. SOUP FIRST BEFORE BBQ!! But theres a real possibility of two species of national lions being extinct in a space of a week:

Last Tuesday saw the extinction of the English Lion, could it be Sri Lanka's turn today?
:laugh: Kangaroos forever alive, forever many, forever jumping:laugh:

Fiery

Banned
Dont get too ahead of yourself you should focus more on the semi finals before Kangaroo hunting. SOUP FIRST BEFORE BBQ!! But theres a real possibility of two species of national lions being extinct in a space of a week:

Last Tuesday saw the extinction of the English Lion, could it be Sri Lanka's turn today?
:laugh: Kangaroos forever alive, forever many, forever jumping:laugh:
Enough with the animalizing already

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
haha if the 2 teams got in a rumble... not in the cricket :P
I know - you should bet on the fight with Athlai's bookmaking agency, is what I meant...

Anyway, I'm tipping New Zealand (in the cricket, that is). Malinga is under-done and probably still somewhat injured, while Sri Lanka's fourth bowler, whoever it may be, will also be a problem. Their top order aside from Sangakkara will struggle with Bond IMO and their lower order doesn't even compare to that of the Kiwis. On the flip side, NZ have problems with their backup bowlers too, and their batsmen have traditionally played Murali and Malinga quite poorly, so it wouldn't shock me at all if Sri Lanka won. Still tipping NZ though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Head to Head (One Day Internationals) : New Zealand (34)- Sri Lanka (29) Tied (1)

World Cup Head to Head: New Zealand (3), Sri Lanka (3), NO DRAW
Nobody looks where I'm from do they... Nobody considers I'm entertaining this fellows ideas...

Jeez.

rpcfernando

Cricket Spectator
Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardena
Chamara Silva
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Russel Arnold
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Chaminda Vass
Dilhara Fernando
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

If any one think fleming's men can beat this team it's a Day Dream

Athlai

Not Terrible
I know - you should bet on the fight with Athlai's bookmaking agency, is what I meant...

Anyway, I'm tipping New Zealand (in the cricket, that is). Malinga is under-done and probably still somewhat injured, while Sri Lanka's fourth bowler, whoever it may be, will also be a problem. Their top order aside from Sangakkara will struggle with Bond IMO and their lower order doesn't even compare to that of the Kiwis. On the flip side, NZ have problems with their backup bowlers too, and their batsmen have traditionally played Murali and Malinga quite poorly, so it wouldn't shock me at all if Sri Lanka won. Still tipping NZ though.

I think you might be under rating Malinga there, he's always going to be a wicket taker. Even at 90% I would consider him a very dangerous bowler. Other than that your spot on!

New Zealand seem more likely, but Sri Lanka could very easily take it.