• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It needs a few batsmen at the top to play the grafting long innings for the sake of their Team IMO, rather than the slap bang,wallop from Ball 1 .
I agree, and with the likes of Styris and Fulton I hope we have the sorts of players who can play an innings like that. I'm not entirely sure SL do, although Sangakkara is pure class and can play any sort of innings really.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Uh-oh the pitch for NZ vs SL is going to be bouncy

we are doomed! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Judging by your last prediction, I wish Sri Lanka well in the final.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Jayo will love the bounce, in particular if Gillespie plays. He's pretty good against Bond too on good batting surfaces, so if it doesn't swing for him then he'll be ok. I'm fearing a type of innings he played against us like the one in the Champions trophy - square cutting Bond for six!

If we (NZ) can get him early then that's the key - then we can go to the final and drop whoever they select as the 3rd seamer/pie-thrower and play Patel.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am very, very ****ed off at Channel Nine. I could understand them not showing every game of the Super Eights (after all, not many Australians will want to watch Bangladesh-Ireland). Now, however, they're only showing the Australia-SA semi-final. I mean come on. If Australia don't make the final, will they still show it!?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Am very, very ****ed off at Channel Nine. I could understand them not showing every game of the Super Eights (after all, not many Australians will want to watch Bangladesh-Ireland). Now, however, they're only showing the Australia-SA semi-final. I mean come on. If Australia don't make the final, will they still show it!?
I'm really glad I have Foxtel - and I'm sure all of cricketweb is too, or you'd see the most repetitive, annoying and boring rants from me every single time a game was being played. It's quite a disgrace really.

andyc

Did they have the rights to show the other semifinal?
They have the rights for the whole World Cup IIRC. Then again, I could be wrong; they may have just bought the rights for Australian games, but still, you'd think that given it's the World Cup, they'd broadcast at least both semi-finals.

pup11

International Coach
I feel really bad for all you guys back in Australia, i think the SL v/s NZ would be a cracker of a game and i just can't understand how can Channel 9 be not showing a semi-final of a WC, i mean its crazy!!

So isn't any other channel showing the WC semi-final either?

Anyways just can't wait for the NZ V/S SL encounter for me the real WC starts now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel really bad for all you guys back in Australia, i think the SL v/s NZ would be a cracker of a game and i just can't understand how can Channel 9 be not showing a semi-final of a WC, i mean its crazy!!

So isn't any other channel showing the WC semi-final either?

Anyways just can't wait for the NZ V/S SL encounter for me the real WC starts now.
Foxtel (Pay-TV) is showing it, and has in fact shown every single world cup game live (even the ones that clashed) which has been great. There has been very minimal free-to-air coverage of it though.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I do have sympathy for Aussies stuck with Channel Nine, but that's the problem with teeestial TV. It's ratings driven. That's why in the UK when C4 had Test cricket it had to start earlier so they could show the truly appaling "Hollyoaks" at 6.30 pm without risk of iit being postponed by the overunning cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah good point, I hadn't factored in the angry mode of Prince EWS that has been stripped of his Foxtel!

Natman20

International Debutant
As said earlier tv companies nowadays are primarily there as businesses to make profits and to them the advertising is important and the shows are just the bits in between that make people watch their channels. Showing programming that is cheaper for them will mean they wouldn't lose any money and by doing so they may lose some money and some poor comments would be made about them but of course they believe that it is in their best interests to show programming that will make the largest profit for their particular audience. The NZ vs SL match would not be watched as greatly as AUS vs SA so therefore they decided to show only AUS vs SA because they are dumbos.

Sorry about this messed up rant.

andyc

The thing that ****s me is that the games are being shown from 11:30pm to like 7:00am or so. I mean, if it was during prime time or whatever, I could understand them not showing it, but it's not as if people would ring up and complain about missing Quizmania. Meh. I'll get over it.

JBH001

International Regular
Agreed. I am finally feeling anticipation, nerves, tension, anxiety, and excitement before a game. This is why I love and watch cricket! :D

FILOCRICKET

Banned
Battered by sudden, heavy showers on Saturday night, Kingston wore a desolate look as it seemed increasingly possible that the first semifinal at Sabina Park could be affected by inclement weather conditions.Rain, both scattered and heavy thunder showers, has been forecast over the next three days. But what perhaps is more relevant to the Sri Lankan fans is that scattered thunder-showers have been predicted right until the first semi final here.

Chances of rain today have been fixed at 30 per cent with possible scattered thunder-storms on tomorrow. The skies will remain partly to mostly cloudy.

IF IT RAINS AND ENDS IN A DRAW SRI LANKA WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO THROUGH THE FINALS