• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Group Stage Review

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
well thats the problem with indian and pakistani cricket...and so it should be win win situation but wont happen which is still there fault...
So therefore no good will come of this for India and Pakistan.
it might not make ireland "odi-class" side immediately but it will raise awareness of cricket in ireland...which will likely result in more kids playing cricket...
Nonsense. As I say - over there in the US of A, you don't really have much concept of the Irish situation. You're just generalising and making assumptions.
it will make a impact for bangladesh because they now are more confident than before..and its their accomplishment of their goals for this world cup...so this encourages players to do better...
:laugh: If players really need encouragement they're not going to amount to much. Doing well in this Cup won't make the players any better or worse than they otherwise would have been.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Nonsense. As I say - over there in the US of A, you don't really have much concept of the Irish situation. You're just generalising and making assumptions.

:laugh: If players really need encouragement they're not going to amount to much. Doing well in this Cup won't make the players any better or worse than they otherwise would have been.
I know that it got in the irish papers which it never did before

it wont make players better or worse but it will give them confidence...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know that it got in the irish papers which it never did before
No, you don't, because you don't read Irish papers. You have no clue about what has been printed in them in 2003, never mind 1969.
it wont make players better or worse but it will give them confidence...
Which means zilch.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
No, you don't, because you don't read Irish papers. You have no clue about what has been printed in them in 2003, never mind 1969.
Well i do know that they got more exposure than they did before...i know because i asked irish people

LA ICE-E

State Captain
person at my school...i ask him if he knew that ireland was in the wc and he was like he didn't really know much about it before but later he said that didn't they win something there the other day and so it defiently got exposure to irish people

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In other words, someone who wasn't in Ireland at the time... and another young lad who doesn't remember 1969...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
what? so you have been around 1969? dam...i didn't know i was talking to some old guy...no wonder you so cranky and cynical all the time