• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post Mortem: India

Sunny Mehta

Cricket Spectator
Everyone who wants kaif as captain i think is right. India need a captain, not just someone who is guaranteed to play. Kaif is expirienced, also a very good fielder, a few stats on Cricinfo shows that he scores runs on the more difficult tracks, while the likes of MSD gets out for nothing. To say Kaif is well away from the test is wrong, he recently got his first 100 against WI, but was then dropped for reasons unknown.

The most hyped up series of all time next, Bangladesh v India, this is India's best chance to show for once they are thinking of the future. This is the team i want to see in that series. Players not there are not gone forever, they are rested, what use is it that the likes of Dravid, Sourav and Sachin hit the winning runs against Bangladesh? Let these boys do it, and hopefully develop as top internationals.

1. Uthappa
2. Raina
3. Karthik
4. Kaif (c)
5. Yuvraj
6. Dhoni (wkt)
7. Pathan
8. Harbhajan
9. Khan
10. Sreesanth
11. Patel/Agarkar (depends if we allowing any poor fielding in to the team)

This is an excellent fielding side, very quick between the wickets, and alot of ability. Capable i think of beating Bangladesh. btw, this is for the ODI's. Test matches the big players come back in.

Sunny Mehta

Cricket Spectator
17 MOM in 141 ODI's in the last 7 years for Tendulkar

I think that is quite good, but have not compared to anyone else, i few man of the series aswell, not forgetting the 2003 world cup.