• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Donald: Call off world cup

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Had this earlier on the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2. Easy for people who wouldn't lose a penny to say it should be scrapped. Allan Donald wouldn't lose out, but thousands of people in the Caribbean would.
That's for dang sure. Isn't eaxctly comprised of the richest nations in the world is the Caribbean is it. The show must go on.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Donald does have a point ....Is sport more important than everything else ...this is only a game..

But Bob Woolmer himself would've wanted it to carry on...

I hope they can make a Bob Woolmer award or some such thing so that he will be remembered for an achievement in the Cricket World cup with his name , rather than this bad publicity ..

Beleg

International Regular
Err, there's no sense in calling the World Cup off, letting the emotions get the better of commonsense isn't the way to go.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Donald does have a point ....Is sport more important than everything else ...this is only a game..

But Bob Woolmer himself would've wanted it to carry on...

I hope they can make a Bob Woolmer award or some such thing so that he will be remembered for an achievement in the Cricket World cup with his name , rather than this bad publicity ..
i like that idea...it could be like the coaches pick. All the coaches at the tournament can vote and then the winning player would get the woolmer trophy as the coaches' pick

Craig

World Traveller
Is it me or had Allan Donald being sprouting some crap lately, the one about dropping Mark Boucher from the XI, this, I know he was a great bowler and one of my heros (although Hingston will always be his number 1 fan on here, also the fact he has been here longer then me)?

Bob Woolmer and I don't think any of the Pakistani players would want that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Munich Olympics carried on.
And that was wrong.

Mind you, this one should go on. However one thing Donald is right for is this WC will be remembered for Woolmer's death, rather than the play. Sad stuff.

R_D

International Debutant
Over-raction from Donald. The world cup show must go on but like Pratyush said... god forbid but if one of the admin or someone close cricket was associated with his deaths than i'd be keen on them scrapping it as well.