• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This World Cup

Swervy

International Captain
Have got to say, I have enjoyed this World Cup loads so far, and mostly because of Ireland.:)

We have seen 36 in an over, spectacular collapses, one great tied game, low scores , big scores etc.

So far, miles better than the last one. Who says the minnows dont have a place in the World Cup?

pasag

RTDAS
Was alot more excited for the Ashes, counted down the days, months in advance for that one iirc. However I'm heaps into the WC now and enjoying it immensely. Alot of fun so far. Timezones are horrible though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This must be the most catastrophic day in the history of both Indian and Pakistani cricket.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
well just a side track question...why after so many good games here and there is there little crowds at the games? is it becqause of the ciricoom visa problems? because cricinfo said the bd vs ind game was sell out but then it wasn't, was it because they peole that bought the tickets were unable to get the visas in time?

cameeel

International Captain
well just a side track question...why after so many good games here and there is there little crowds at the games? is it becqause of the ciricoom visa problems? because cricinfo said the bd vs ind game was sell out but then it wasn't, was it because they peole that bought the tickets were unable to get the visas in time?
There was an article in The Age (iirc) about the cost of tickets to even group matches being far above the average wage for residents of the islands. Uncovered standing room tickets were something like $60 apiece.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Its been a great WC so far.

And OMG, i turn on my computer this morning and see Ireland bet Pakistan, and Bangladesh bet India!!!

Swervy

International Captain
I reckon a lot of people will be going out for the Super 8s stage