• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Believes India Has A Weaker Bowling Attack

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Mortaza, Rasel, Hossain, Rafique, Razzak, Saqibul/Aftab- or something like that- is set to pwn India imo
Can't see Shahadat playing TBH, not unless there's something in the wicket for him. They'll just bank on 30 overs from the spinners, a few solid overs at the start from Rasel and Mashrafe up front and at the death.

thierry henry

International Coach
Can't see Shahadat playing TBH, not unless there's something in the wicket for him. They'll just bank on 30 overs from the spinners, a few solid overs at the start from Rasel and Mashrafe up front and at the death.
That's why I said "or something like that" :ph34r:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
if both team play to potential, india will be convincing winners 10 times out of 10, if the indians become complacent(and i wouldn't put it past them not to do that) and bangladesh play out of their skins, they have a chance.....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seriously, India could quite easily smash 450 if they get going. Can't believe anyone thinks Bangladesh have a chance unless India seriously **** up.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I am resisting the urge to say something in all these threads where the possibility of Bangladesh beating India has been brought up. I promised Jono I'd stay calm.

P.S. Can't wait to laugh at all you, who are giving Bangladesh a chance, after tomorrow :p.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, India could quite easily smash 450 if they get going. Can't believe anyone thinks Bangladesh have a chance unless India seriously **** up.
We are talking about Bangladesh here not Bermuda FFS.Bangladesh have improved alot in one dayers IMO and defenitely have a chance of winning.That comment really is a bit far fetched.It's not as though India have a really good one day team anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We are talking about Bangladesh here not Bermuda FFS.Bangladesh have improved alot in one dayers IMO and defenitely have a chance of winning.That comment really is a bit far fetched.It's not as though India have a really good one day team anyway.
You're kidding, right?

India have by far and away the best ODI batting-line-up going around - and Bangladesh's attack is by-and-large extremely poor. It's perfectly conceivable that if things fall into place India could score a massive, massive total (and against Bermuda too, obviously).

Ganguly
Uthappa
Sehwag?
Tendulkar
Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Dhoni
Doesn't come much better than that IMO. They can tear any attack to shreds - South Africa, even. If they hit top straps, Bangladesh haven't got a hope in hell. Even if they don't, and "only" score 270 or so, their attack (with Patel and Harbhajan to the fore) is easily strong enough to restrict Bangladesh to not-much.

Seriously, Bangladesh are badly overrated at the current time.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
You're kidding, right?

India have by far and away the best ODI batting-line-up going around - and Bangladesh's attack is by-and-large extremely poor. It's perfectly conceivable that if things fall into place India could score a massive, massive total (and against Bermuda too, obviously).

Ganguly
Uthappa
Sehwag?
Tendulkar
Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Dhoni
Doesn't come much better than that IMO. They can tear any attack to shreds - South Africa, even. If they hit top straps, Bangladesh haven't got a hope in hell. Even if they don't, and "only" score 270 or so, their attack (with Patel and Harbhajan to the fore) is easily strong enough to restrict Bangladesh to not-much.

To bad cricket isn't played on paper...or India would be the champions.Seriously that batting line up looks good but it's another thing delivering?.India haven't been in great form in the one dayers leading up and although I do appreciate India has some exceedingly talented players but I am still not convinced by them in the one day game because of their inconsistency.Didn't Mitchell Johnson take 4-11 against that batting line up...8-).That is why I feel that although India are definite favourites and will probably win Bangladesh do have a chance of causing an upset.Never going to be convinced by India even with the supposed "great batting line up " until they are more consistent and they don't just show flashes of their talents.It's a bit unfare of you to call the Bangladeshi attack "extremely poor".They have capable bowlers who although have done well against the associates can defenitely do well against better teams.Mortaza IMO has the potential of becoming a very good one day player and Rafique and Razzak are decent spinners.

Last edited:

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

There is a BIG difference between a great batting lineup and a batting line up that fires up together. There also is a great difference between players with great potential and great players.

Every lineup do not always fireup together. On a day a potentially good lineup can do surprisingly well, as can a great batting lineup on their given day.

The same goes with the bowling.

True, I do say that BD is being a little too over-rated at the moment (especially after their win against the Kiwis), but really dissing them as badly is harsh.

And also those over-rating it at the moment aren't being quite logical at the moment.

We can only wait and see what happens. Until tomorrow's gone we would not know the result.

But I can assure Turbunater that bowling BD out for 80 or 105 is a little too much expectation from the current Indian bowling lineup at present 8-)!!!!!

Let's not get too carried away with extremism.

Final Verdict: India are favorites, BD MIGHTbe able to cause an upset it things click for them.....the passing away of a team mate does not seem to help their cause either.
So I really don't know what they would do tomorrow, but if they go down, hopefully they would go down fighting.

Peace :ph34r:!!!!!

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah, but the problem is that the chance of India ****ing up are 50/50. They could perform like minnows or like champions - no one can tell. Look at Pak, the other day - India's bowling, even with Akhtar and Asif missing from Pak, is still worse.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You're kidding, right?

Ganguly
Uthappa
Sehwag?
Tendulkar
Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Dhoni

The problem is not one of class, but that of form. Tendulkar is not at his best, and neither is Dravid. Sehwag is useless, Dhoni too inconsistent, Yuvraj still recovering form injury and Uthappa still unproven. So that leaves....Ganguly.

Feels me with confidence, this does not. Yes, you are right in that if they all fire, they could rival any batting lineup in the world. But side from that brief period post 2003 world cup when we toured Australia...it just hasn't happened (yes, that was a different lineup and was a test match lineup, but as a point).

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
The problem is not one of class, but that of form. Tendulkar is not at his best, and neither is Dravid. Sehwag is useless, Dhoni too inconsistent, Yuvraj still recovering form injury and Uthappa still unproven. So that leaves....Ganguly.
I don't think Dhoni's inconsistent at all...he had a poor patch around the DLF Cup, but he's been very consistent from the Champions Trophy onwards. Also, Tendulkar might not be at his best (as his best is incredibly good) but he's been in pretty good ODI form of late, and Dravid has also been pretty good.

Overall, I'd say there are question marks around the form of Yuvraj (one good innings since his comeback from injury) and Sehwag...Uthappa is, as you said, unproven, but he's certainly done pretty well so far.