• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the best wicket keeper in w cup

mjtaba

Cricket Spectator
who will be the best wicket keeper in this w cup?
ANALYSIS
# from where i see both the aussie keepers are good with the gloves and bat
# india's Dhoni is expected to show some good show
# McCullum and Akmal can surprise
# boucher's stats are outstanding plus he is my favourite:wub:
so its tough to decide right now,so what do u guys think

Rich2001

International Captain
Most keepers these days get noticed for their batting so I would guess the obvious candidates in Gilly, Kumar & Boucher will lead the way followed by Dhoni / McCullum.

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sangakkara is the best batsman of the keepers. He consistently scores runs in all countries against all countries, and adapts well to foreign conditions. Example? In Nz recently, where most sub-continent batsman struggle to perform.

And hes not too shabby with the gloves either...

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
You guys must be joking.

Do you really need a thread to discuss this????

The modern game means that wicketkeeper can't keep his place in a squad if he can't bat. A wicketkeeper has to have a combination of both skills. Therefore there is only one candidate in consideration for the title of "Best Wicketkeeper".

Its Adam Gilchrist of course.

The thread should have been titled as "Besides Gilchrist who is the best wicketkeeper"

Salamuddin

International Debutant
McCullum is wayyy better than Dhoni with the gloves!

Not really. Dhoni has actually improved a hell of a lot as a keeper - certainly from September 2005.

Don't profess Dhoni to be the best but he is pretty decent these days. Certainly wouldn't call McCullum far superior.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really. Dhoni has actually improved a hell of a lot as a keeper - certainly from September 2005.

Don't profess Dhoni to be the best but he is pretty decent these days. Certainly wouldn't call McCullum far superior.

Yup, people who haven't watched much Indian cricket over the past few months under rate Dhoni, and it pisses me off. I mean he is certainly not the best, but he has improved tremendously and some of his takes are simply amazing. For example, the two catches he took in today's warm up match. He has really settled in as a keeper.

R_D

International Debutant
Kumar Sankarra and Gilchrist easily the best to wicket keeper batsman and Dhoni next on the list.
McCllum and Boucher to some extent over-rated for mine, you see them play a explosive innings every now and than but usually far too inconsitent.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni is going to be found out by quality bowling thus my lack of trust in his ability's.
What quality bowling? Name me the attack he's going to face, and conditons tougher than those he faced in South Africa, where he was India's best batsman.

People call Dhoni overrated, but seriously with the bat he's getting to become underrated on these boards.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yup, people who haven't watched much Indian cricket over the past few months under rate Dhoni, and it pisses me off. I mean he is certainly not the best, but he has improved tremendously and some of his takes are simply amazing. For example, the two catches he took in today's warm up match. He has really settled in as a keeper.
Dhoni was never that bad ITFP!

Those who think he was should watch Geraint Jones in 2004 or Wayne Phillips in 1985!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The order I'd have would be

1.MS Dhoni
2.Kumar Sangakkara
3.Adam Gilchrist
4.Mark Boucher
5.Brendon McCullum