• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators for the World Cup?

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Anyone know what commentators will be used for the World Cup for the standard international feed?

I've found the BBC line-up, but nothing else.

I'm in NZ and I'm just hoping we don't get stuck with anyone boring!
I remember Martin Crowe saying that Mark Richardson will be in the Carribean, but that' all.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i wanted to make a topic with name of which commentators u guys like to see commentating for ur team in world cup. and maybe giving some polls and options. u aleady made this topic so no need for that.

i personally get annoyed with ramiz raja's commentating. the rest are good.

my personal fivrate would be
tony graig
sanjay manjrekar
waqar younis
nasir hussian

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
I'd take:

Boycott
Ian Chappel
Jeremy Coney (Ian Smith, then Mark Richardson, then Martin Crowe if Coney is unavailable)
Greig & Lawry (Don't shoot me, good entertainment value)
Michael Holding
Blowers, though I know he won't do it.

It always helps if you have someone from your country in the box, it tends to help inform the other commentators on your players.

IMHO the worse commentators come from South Africa, and entire Sub-contitent.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mark Richardson is definately going to be in the West Indies during the tournament, presumably commentating.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Then you shouldn't have bumped the thread!

Anyway, looks like no-one has the info, neither does the interweb.

legglancer12

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd take:

Boycott
Ian Chappel
Jeremy Coney (Ian Smith, then Mark Richardson, then Martin Crowe if Coney is unavailable)
Greig & Lawry (Don't shoot me, good entertainment value)
Michael Holding
Blowers, though I know he won't do it.

It always helps if you have someone from your country in the box, it tends to help inform the other commentators on your players.

IMHO the worse commentators come from South Africa, and entire Sub-contitent.
IMHO the worst commentators by far come from New Zealand. I have had the unfortunate privilege to watch sevaral series in NZ and the standard was pretty pathetic. SKY And australian channel 9 are far ahead.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ian Smith is the only top-drawer com from NZ IMO.

These new-kids-on-the-block Doull, Richardson, Larsen (ish) and the like just don't cut the mustard.

Equally, TBF, you can say a similar thing about Sri Lanka. And Pakistan in that Ramiz is the only top-drawer (English-language, obviously - don't know anything about any Urdu coms) one.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Ian Smith is the only top-drawer com from NZ IMO.

These new-kids-on-the-block Doull, Richardson, Larsen (ish) and the like just don't cut the mustard.

Equally, TBF, you can say a similar thing about Sri Lanka. And Pakistan in that Ramiz is the only top-drawer (English-language, obviously - don't know anything about any Urdu coms) one.
Martin Crowe's good when he's analysing the game. He's absolutely shocking though when he gets into the "Holy Cow!!!", "Good gracious Mavis!!" etc. routine.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, yeah, think Crowe's pretty good when he's playing "Expert Comments" rather than calling the play, as such.