• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Pakistan will show up at the World Cup?

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Using adjectives to describe Pakistan is the easiest job in the world, talented,unpredictable,inconsistent,genius,pathetic etc. But to predict how Pakistan will do in the coming World Cup, i need to know which Pakistan will show up? The Pathetic ***** cats or the Cornered Tigers?

Writing off Pakistan might be as stupid as tipping them to win. A safe bet would be a semi final berth, but i wouldnt bet on that either. However, Pakistan is the most dangerous team to face in a knock out game, they can bundle out for 107 or they can win the game by 142 against the same opponent.

As a Pakistani fan i think Pak should make it to the final 4, but again they might not, they might be home before the second round begins. Or they might be the team standing on the winning podium when the curtain falls.

The best part of this twisted story is that which 15 players will play in the cup is still unknown, even to the captain. If Pakistan has a 100% fit bowling attack then they more than make up for thier depleted batting, which mind you will not be as depleted on WI tracks. And with Razzaq,Malik and Afridi they bring in 3 very good options to follow up on Umra, Akhtar and Asif. Compleimented with a batting line up till #8 which includes Yousaf,Younis and Inzi, they will be a hard team to beat...

But everything is a big if, i know what a roller caoster for the Pakistani fans it can be to cheer for thier team....It can be a repeat of 92 or a sequal to 2003

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
My Pakistan WC X1 if everyone is fit which is a big ask would be

Imran Nazir
Mohammed Hafeez/Shahid Afridi (when he comes back)
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akthar
Umar Gul
Mohammed Asif

Nishant

International 12th Man
i guess if paksitan are pumped up enough, they will do well....but i think they need to sort out the chemistry bt players.....togetherness may play an important part in this year's WC, especially when all the teams are so well matched!

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Well, Pakistan should be able to beat England,Newzealand,SL,WI and Ind (50/50). They would have to perform way below thier standard to be knocked out in the 2nd round

jammay123

State 12th Man
both pakistans will probably turn up theyll most likely struggle to beat the irish but will destroy the windies. it doesnt matter their inconsistent form will lead them to be getting destroyed buy a big team and theyll give up like they did against the proteas

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
its not like they cant beat SA, actually Pak gave them one of the worst beating at home in the sec ODI. So its not like we cant beat them. I dont doubt the potential, what i doubt if they will fulfill it and at full strength SA is no match for us.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pakistan are pretty hopeless at the moment.

But they have sufficient players that 6 or even 7 out of 11 can be hopeless and they can still win comfortably.

I mean, even usually-hopeless players like Afridi occasionally play well.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I think we'll see the best out of Pakistan in the world cup, i can't see them playing like they did against SA in such a big competition.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I don't see Pakistan doing too well in this World Cup. As I've said in the Pakistan in RSA thread, I can't remember the Pakistani ODI team performing so direly in that form of the game going into a World Cup. Our team's plan seems to change every tour which doesn't help at all. I expect us to get through to the Super 8's with ease, but I'm afraid it'll be nothing but disappointment after that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're paying $11, its almost my obligation to throw something on them when paying double figures.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
They still have a problem with the openers which i don't expect to be fixed anytime soon, but once they get their bowling attack fit & play to potential really they are serious contenders because IMO teams with strong all-round bowling attack with experience are likely to win the WC & Pakistan at full-strenght along with Australia, South Africa & to an extent NZ & SRI have that since its likely that its going to be batting friendly conditions in the windies.

FRAZ

International Captain
To start up the WC campaign here is my line up

Younis Khan (vfc)
Hafeez
Shoaib Malik
M Yousaf
........... (fc)
Shahid Khan Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal (wk)
Shoaib Akhtar