• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketer? - Episode II

Pick your player

• Total voters

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
, , and McCallum... well, he's not going to blow anyone away, is he? He's Scottish, and if he was any cop he'd have played some NCL in the last couple of years.
He'll get the Aussies having sleepless nights.Don't you worry.Made a good 50 against Pakistan in June of last year if that is anything to write home about.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rahim played a Test match in England in 2005, to good effect, and McCallum... well, he's not going to blow anyone away, is he? He's Scottish, and if he was any cop he'd have played some NCL in the last couple of years.
And you're prepared to judge on such flimsy evidence?

How'd you know, for instance, that McCallum didn't have business commitments in the NCL (or C&G) season?

And how on Earth is Rahim a known quantity because of 1 (mis)match?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have an idea what they can do. I've seen / followed them to reasonable detail.

Pollard I know has exploded onto the domestic scene in the WI. That is it. That is less than I know of NFI and Rahim. That is the entire crux of my post. It is not possible for you to argue with it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I argue that you have an idea what either can do - you may have more of an idea than Pollard, but you do not have any real idea unless you've more evidence than that which you mentioned in your above post...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Eoin Morgan because I'm not really interested in many of the others. I like Smith, Tait and Johnson, along with a few others but I'm pretty interested to see how Morgan will go.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Would like to see Ravi Shah getting a few good scores. Also looking forward to seeing Keiron Pollard.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Its a toss up between Shah and RTD, but cus Shah been at this stage before i'll go with RTD. Will be interesting to see if he can repeat his performances against the minnows, against the big boys.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran Nazir.
This guy's batting is so terribly flawed but when he gets going, he makes Afridi look like a plodder. Reminds me a bit of Basit Ali - a far more aggressive and less solid version of him. This guy can be so good on his day that if even if McGrath runs into him when Nazir is on a rampage, I can see Glenn going for 10-0-100-0 kinda figures.
Are you kidding? Afridi is so much better than Nazir in terms of ball striking.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
From the established nations i guess i have seen all in action & i'm looking foward to see ing Tait & Malinga run at batsmen in the world cup. Not really concered about the minnow stars since they are not likely to cause a great impact

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It seems like this kid is meant to be the next BC Lara, from all this hype.
There's as much hype as for Dwayne Bravo in the past and Adrian Barath this season. I'd hardly say it's any extreme hype. A lot of people didn't expect him to be picked for the World Cup, after all. That said, many wanted him to be picked, but no one considers him an immediate success. He's undoubtedly extremely talented though.

Steulen

International Regular
RTD of course.

Other than that, I really hope one of the players from the lesser nations will do something huge to draw attention to their serious improvement over the last years.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I reakon Tait will do well.

I also think Patel and Taylor from NZ looked very good in the tri-series and should do well at the WC.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Uthappa or Rahim, naturally. Some runs from Ravi Shah would be nice as well since I've never really seen him bat properly.