• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your team's squad of 15 for the world cup.

howardj

International Coach
Need for Haddin?
The Carribean is a long, long way away if Gilchrist breaks a finger, or goes down ill on the morning of a big match. With a squad of 15, you'd be mad not to cover your bases. Moreover, Haddin is a gun batsman in his own right.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The Carribean is a long, long way away if Gilchrist breaks a finger, or goes down ill on the morning of a big match. With a squad of 15, you'd be mad not to cover your bases. Moreover, Haddin is a gun batsman in his own right.
Feel an extra batsmen will be taken if Symonds is not fit for the WC, one of Jaques or Voges will go.

howardj

International Coach
In my view, Haddin is as good as those two and also keeps wickets.

Matter of opinion though.

Jaques does appeal as an X-factor type player however.

pup11

International Coach
Look gilly is no spring chicken, he has been playing lot of cricket this summer without any rest so in a long tournament like the world cup there is a risk of him burning out. So,IMO haddin can play in less important games so that gilly gets some rest through the tournament.

pup11

International Coach
So pup you are telling me the aussies will trouble beating the likes of netherlands and scotland. I am talking of there teams the real tournament begins at the super 8 stage.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
So pup you are telling me the aussies will trouble beating the likes of netherlands and scotland. I am talking of there teams the real tournament begins at the super 8 stage.
Their not going to have any trouble beating Holland and Scotland but it's still important to play your strongest X1 in these games as Australia don't know alot about these teams.They will want to be as professional as possible which means showing them some respect and not start resting "big players" like Gilchrist.It's a WC so Australia don't want any ****-ups even in the group stage.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
It's impossible to pick an England XV. Half of them are carrying injuries, certifiably insane or just plain crap.
It's hard alright.

1. Vaughan (c)
2. Strauss
3. Bell
4. Pietersen
5. Collingwood
6. Flintoff
7. Dalrymple
8. Nixon (wk)
9. Lewis
10. Anderson
11. Panesar

12. Loye
13. Joyce
14. Plunkett
15. Tremlett

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
For an England 15 I'd say

1)Ed Joyce
2)Michael Vaughan (c)
3)Ian Bell
4)Kevin Pietersen
5)Paul Collingwood
6)Andrew Flintoff
7)Jamie Dalrymple
8)Paul Nixon
9)Jon Lewis
10)Monty Panesar
11)James Anderson

12)Andrew Strauss
13)Mal Loye
14)Liam Plunkett
15)Sajid Mahmood

Strauss's place is going to be under serious threat with KP returning and Joyce's good form.I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about dropping him from the first X1.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll try a Sri Lanka 15

1)Upul Tharanga
2)Sanath Jayasuriya
3)Kumar Sangakkara
4)Mahela Jayawardene
5)Marvin Atapattu
6)Tillakaratne Dilshan
7)Farveez Maharoof
8)Chaminda Vaas
9)Lasith Malinga
10)Muttiah Muralitharan
11)Dilhara Fernando

12)Chamara Kapugedera
13)Malinga Bandara
14)Ruchira Perera
15)Thilan Samaraweera/Russel Arnold

and a South Africa 15

1)Graeme Smith
2)AB De Villiers
3)Jacques Kallis
4)Herschelle Gibbs
5)Ashwell Prince
6)Mark Boucher
7)Justin Kemp
8)Shaun Pollock
9)Andrew Hall
10)Andre Nel
11)Makhaya Ntini

12)Loots Bosman
13)Charl Langeveldt
14)Robin Peterson
15)Alfonso Thomas/Johannes Van der Wath

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
For an England 15 I'd say

1)Ed Joyce
2)Michael Vaughan (c)
3)Ian Bell
4)Kevin Pietersen
5)Paul Collingwood
6)Andrew Flintoff
7)Jamie Dalrymple
8)Paul Nixon
9)Jon Lewis
10)Monty Panesar
11)James Anderson

12)Andrew Strauss
13)Mal Loye
14)Liam Plunkett
15)Sajid Mahmood

Strauss's place is going to be under serious threat with KP returning and Joyce's good form.I wouldn't be surprised if they thought about dropping him from the first X1.
Looks about right to me. Collingwood's lucky to be playing, but his bowling's a bonus. perhaps have him below Fred, especially if the pitches are as friendly as last time we were over there.

Funny how one game changes everything though. If we get turned over by the kiwis tonight, Strauss & Colly make runs & Joyce doesn't, then we'll both have changed our minds about the starting XI.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And they can pick him, bat him 11 and he'll not be needed long in the field...

pup11

International Coach
Now for the pakistan team:- 1.Nazir 2.Farath 3.Y.khan 4.Mohd. Yousuf 5.Inzy 6.Akmal 7.Razzaq 8.Afridi 9.Mahmood 10.Asif 11.Rana 12.Akthar 13.Gul 14.Rehman 15.Malik

howardj

International Coach
With Symmo now certain to be selected, it pretty much rules Haddin out.

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hodge
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

- Symonds
- Tait
- Johnson
- White

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan likely 15 IMO

Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Mahela Jayawardena
Kumar Sangakkara
Marvan Atapattu
Chamara Silva
Thilakaratne Dilshan
Farveez Maharoof
Chaminda Vaas
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

Dilhara Fernando
Nuwan Zoysa
Chamara Kapugedera
Russell Arnold or Upul Chandana or Malinga Bandara - tough call for last spot.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
With Symmo now certain to be selected, it pretty much rules Haddin out.

Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Hodge
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

- Symonds
- Tait
- Johnson
- White

Very close ....I thinkl the question will be whether Clark or Tait will be picked.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Back to NZ, here's mine:

1.Fleming
2.Vettori
3.Vincent (backup keeper)
4. Taylor
5. Fulton
6. Oram
7. McCullum
8. Styris
9. Patel