• NZ-WI-SL-India

1 2.08%
  • Australia-SA-Pak-NZ

10 20.83%
  • Australia-India-SA-Pak

20 41.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Semifinalists for WC '07!!

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Shouldn't this be in the World Cu...

oh, wait....

Anyway, Australia, India, New Zealand and de Windies for me
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

School Boy/Girl Captain What-A-Player's Avatar
    Villa Real de la Santa Fé de San Francisco de Asis
    India, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    for sure Australia-South Africa & Paksitan once they play to potential will be 3 of the semi-finalist. While the other one could come from anywhere i'd say.
    India happens to be the best team in the world atm, in the words of Hoggard, and you haven't included in your list??

15 consecutive successful chase (a world record) shows that they are probably better than any team in the world.I think Aus & SA are also strong contenders, don't think Pakistan will make it, their batting is too weak and they haven't sorted out their opening pair yet.

U19 Vice-Captain
    1India
    2Australia
    3South Africa
    4West Indies.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianByHeart
    India happens to be the best team in the world atm, in the words of Hoggard, and you haven't included in your list??

15 consecutive successful chase (a world record) shows that they are probably better than any team in the world.I think Aus & SA are also strong contenders, don't think Pakistan will make it, their batting is too weak and they haven't sorted out their opening pair yet.
    they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. Australia are still the best dont be fooled since Australia record in ODI's is still the best in the buisness

How could you say Pakistan batting is weal? Malik, Younis, Inzamam, Yousuf, Akmal, Razzaq, Afridi doesn't look too weak to me. I wont say they haven't worked out their opening pair, to me it seems as if they are just very flexible their. Sometimes Akmal opens or goes down the order based on the situation, Afridi can go up the order, Malik can do it.

I wont say they are claer cut semi-finalist just yet, but OVERALL Australia, South Africa & Pakistan are better than India.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    At this stage - Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan.

But I guess that view might change closer to the date and according to the selections that are made.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering Phil 'The Prince' Hughes - we will always love you

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. Australia are still the best dont be fooled since Australia record in ODI's is still the best in the buisness
    They just lost to SA...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    At this stage - Australia, South Africa, India, Pakistan.

But I guess that view might change closer to the date and according to the selections that are made.
    Things change very quickly - plenty of people would've been predicting England less than a year ago, and think how stupid that looks now.
    Polls and guesses like this, a year before the event, are wholly pointless.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    At the present time i would have to say that the SemiFinalists will be
    India, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand..

i dont see srilanka nor england proving a threat to the cup atall.. But saying that Pakistan has a mighty big chance if Shoaib and Co fire..

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    They just lost to SA...
    And right before that they beat SA. You don't suddenly become the best in the world in a couple of weeks, or lose your title in the same period of time. Australia lost one series yes, but it was the first ODI series Australia have lost since 2002.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    And right before that they beat SA. You don't suddenly become the best in the world in a couple of weeks, or lose your title in the same period of time. Australia lost one series yes, but it was the first ODI series Australia have lost since 2002.
    you had to waster your time to answer that clown.

they may have won 15 consecutive matches chasing & has been in good form of late, but they are no way the best OD team in the world atm. I wont say they are claer cut semi-finalist just yet, but OVERALL Australia, South Africa & Pakistan are better than India.
    australia and south africa yes....but pakistan were thumped on their home grounds 1-4 recently, maybe you missed that...??? on current form, india are the third best in the world and if form holds, are clear favourites to enter the semi-finals....but the picture might change come 2007, that's true....then again it might change for the better for india, the point is one day form is so fickle that no one knows for sure about any team barring australia who have to start as the front-runners for the title....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    We can fairly safely say England and West Indies are rank outsiders, but even that can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    We can fairly safely say England and West Indies are rank outsiders, but even that can change.
    a fully fit england team can put up a strong challenge, i would think...a batting lineup containing trescothick, vaughan, pietersen, collingwood, the powerful flintoff and their support cast and a bowling attack combination of of jones, harmison, flintoff, hoggard, giles et al is not to be scoffed at....even the windies at home can be a force although their batting especially is really in the doldrums right now....

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I'd say Pakistan, India, RSA, Australia. Pakistan and Australia in the final, since they're the only team we've ever beaten in a World Cup out of this group.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information