• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Holland v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good God Almighty!!!!!!!!!!!
What in the blue hell is happening to the Indian boys!?!?!?!

As an Indian supporter im upset, but as a Cricket Lover im happy for Holland, top bowling effort.

Cmon India, win!!!!!

Good to see Sachin amongst some runs, opening will do him a lot of good.

Man, why do WE have to lose to holland!

Its just not fair.............

:( :( :(
:!( :!(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I could forsee this thread opening up so lets not get a rush of blood to the head & get into any arguments.

It seems to me that Ganguly has totally lost the plot. 8 off 32 balls is crazy by his standards & a few years ago he probably would have done the reverse.

India need to probably get around 220 to be safe because sometimes in these matches the minor teams can rise above their level & play well.

A loss for India could spell doom for them in this World Cup because Group 'A' is easily the toughest group.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
2 successive run-outs, thats not good at all.
India will have to pick their moral up because im sure the dressing room atmosphere will be slightly sour.
If the bowlers don't get on top of the Dutch then this game might have a good finish.

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think India will win this but the batting has been pathetic to say the least. Although the pitch was not that good but not this score against Holland. Also why was Sehwag batting at 3? Defies logic as he has been the only successful batsman for Ind in NZ.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Cricinfo says it's a good batting track with very little by way of grass on it, and what there is is dry.

205 to win off 50 overs. Hope Springs Eternal!

chris.hinton

International Captain
If Holland bat Well they will win. India Attack is poor so this could be an Upset

25/1 Holland where to win the match i bet its 6/1 now

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well if the track is a belter, that blatantly tells everything about the Indian effort: complacent.

I have a feeling that the Indian bowlers will have more success however.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well Srinath gets a wicket 4th ball of the 1st over so I think India will go on to win this comfortably although questions will be raised about the batting.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
My assessment of the wicket is that it's a bit of a stopper.

The Netherlands best chance is to attack, I reckon. First 15 overs will be vital.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
And to think my avatar predicted a Holland win a while ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Holland! (I know some of the players so) COME ON HOLLAND!

You never know, Ganguly might actually be sacked if he doesn't get any runs and doesn't win...that a breadcrum moment in the waiting Eddie?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cruel as it is to laugh, but I think we need to mention the extra special Harmison-type bowling by the great Zaheer Khan.

5 overs and 9 wides so far...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
83/8 after some good resistance from Schiferli and Van Bunge (37* opening)

Looks like India will win, albeit unconvincingly...

And as for Zaheer, not even Harmison was ever this erratic!

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Glad to be the one to post the bad news Neil :D :P

India won. And to boot, this is a good NRR since Holland played 48 overs for 136.

Looks like Saurav has tried out the strategy he wants to use for the rest of the tournament as the fifth bowler completed 11 overs conceding 29 runs.

Looks like Zaheer ended up with a pretty good economy rate despite the 9 wides :P

Many many congratulations to van Bunge for a well deserved half century. He must have gained valuable experience through playing Srinath, Zaheer, Harbhajan and Kumble all different kinds of bowlers. Didn't do too badly either.

The performers:

Tim de Leede and
van Bunge for The Netherlands

Sachin Tendulkar
Dinesh Mongia
Srinath and
Kumble for India

Status
Not open for further replies.