• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is NZ's problem in playing in Kenya ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie_beater said:
And what's that supposed to mean ? Are you suggesting that NZ only tour English speaking countries 'coz the others where some "strange" language is spoken, you never really know what they are conspiring behind you ?.... you better explain what you meant, pal. And I thought you were an admin in this forum and would have known better before uttering such inflammatory statements.
I think Tim was expressing a point of view that if you were trapped somewhere where there's bombs going off etc., and you couldn't speak to anyone to find out what was going on, you'd be a little worried.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
thats pretty much what i was suggesting, I didn't mean to sound degrading in what I wrote.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well its official now that NZ won't play in Kenya.
That means that unless the ICC don't change the venue, NZ will now probably have to beat 2 of the following teams instead of 1: South Africa, Sri Lanka & West Indies.

Now looking at that, NZ will probably take the first two games as must wins and unfortunately the toughie South Africa is 2nd.

NZ HAVE to beat Sri Lanka, there's really no other option now. If they lose to South Africa they can't be thrashed & they'll need to beat the West Indies decently.

Or else Nathan Astle will definately have to hit a double century against Canada & maybe even Bangladesh for NZ to sneak in on bonus points & run rates or whatever.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bonus points aren't in the Competition - it's points, then result between sides, then NRR I think.