Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Court bid to stop umpire

Banned
    he throws blatantly murali and he would have been kicked out long ago if sri lanka didnt threat the icc to leave cricket

i actually agree with sasnoz. he might have a dis-ability but he still throws the ball. if he can do that y can't every1 else? every1 else should be able to throw the ball and get away with it. bu then wat would become of cricket!! instead i don't think n e 1 should b able to "chuck" the ball. murali is a cheat. he's a bloody good bowler, but he cheats. and to think that umpires can't even call a bowler for throwing bcoz u might get an earfull from the press and the public is absolute (forgive the swearing i never normally swear but i find it MOST applicable in this instance)BULL****!!!! murali is a bloody cheat and i h8 him!!!!:!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    WCCC, you really need to calm down and stop contradicting yourself mate.

If he's a cheat and throws the ball, how can you say he's a good bowler - the 2 are mutually exclusive!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Banned
    i mean hes still got to place the ball and develop variations but hes got a unfair advantage and if the icc kicked him out they would have been called racist, but if it was a englishmen they would have been heroed

Originally posted by marc71178
    WCCC, you really need to calm down and stop contradicting yourself mate.

If he's a cheat and throws the ball, how can you say he's a good bowler - the 2 are mutually exclusive!
    lol yeah i know but i always get sooooo heated up over murali.

yeah like sasnoz said he has developed variations and his placemen is good. what i mean is that if his action was legal he'd be a bloody good bowler. problem is he's throwing so it isn't legal and he shouldn't be allowed to bowl with that action.

btw sasnoz agree with u entirely bout murali being banned

I'm not sure fast twitch muscle fibres are particularly relevant, anyway the laws are there in black and white, so all Hair would just be saying he is breaking the laws of the game. Whether those laws are right or wrong rests with the ICC, but he breaks the laws and SHOULD get called for no balling every match.
    My house is burned down but I can see the sky.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Laws say the arm can't straighten at the delivery point.

Murali goes past straight.

Funny how Aussies never get animated over Brett Lee......
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

yeah b-coz brett lee AND shoab akhtar both bowl with hyperextending elbows. therefore they are not bending their arm. murali starts off with a bent arm then straightens that is illegal and he should be called for breaking the rules. therefore darryl heir is correct in no-balling him.

I thought Murali's arm remains bent throughout, hence it is not necessarily illegal?

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Originally posted by WCCC_SOMERSET
    yeah b-coz brett lee AND shoab akhtar both bowl with hyperextending elbows. therefore they are not bending their arm. murali starts off with a bent arm then straightens that is illegal and he should be called for breaking the rules. therefore darryl heir is correct in no-balling him.
    http://www-ieem.ust.hk/dfaculty/ravi/murali.html

Look at the photos.

I was half expecting them to refer something to Hair today and he gives it not out due to being a no ball!

Rik
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    http://www-ieem.ust.hk/dfaculty/ravi/murali.html

Look at the photos.
    Wow, I wish I knew what my action looked like!

That basically shows that he doesn't chuck. Which is what I've said all along...
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

well if those pictures r correct then his action is legal. btw he bowled bloody sensational last night!:!( :!(

Actually for me his arm is in varying degrees of "bentness" there, so he is changing that variable. At the end of the day the ICC could have made everything much easier by saying Murali has to change his action, same with Lee, same with Shoaib... if you make it black and white there is no room for abuse.

I'm unconvinced that Murali's action (where to me his arm remains somewhat bent all the time) is giving him an advantage. His flexible wrists seem to be the biggest factor on the amount of turn he gets, to me. And he still has to put it on the spot, vary his flight etc. Try "throwing" down some offies in the nets. Generally they turn less in my experience, and are a nightmare to bowl accurately.

As for a "disability" (or more accurately, different from the average human ability) giving a player an advantage, where do you draw the line? Does Sobers' outrageously quick reflexes and hand -eye co-ordination count? I guess you can argue that Sobers' "extra - abilities" were within the laws, but I'm convinced that Murali's are also.
    I've done a complete turnaround on this, btw, for years I considered him a chucker and a cheat, till I took the time to really study his action. Great bowler, good luck to him.
    Hair and any other umpire won't call him again. To big a can of worms. The ICC has cleared his action, end of story.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information