• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yorkshire Manager Regretfully Resigns

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
I think it was time to put in my resignation after the time I have spent out of the game. Without a computer and the internet it has been hard to spend time on the team and really even know what is going on.
I hand it over to the next inline who I hope will enjoy what I think is a great team and has a very successful history getting runnerup trophys everywhere.

After missing out on my picks that I needed in last seasons draft I am a season behind where I wanted to be but next season Yorkshire Phoenix can be a strength again.

I have built a team around three or four really strong players and am now ready for the two inevitiable retirements of gough and simpson.

Once I get a computer and internet connection again I will be back and wait in line for another team for another challenge. Hope it hasnt been much of trouble for you blewy.
Thanx

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Sad to see you go mate, you've done a fantastic job with Yorkshire and I just hope the next manager takes pride in the team like you have and doesn't ruin the strong team that you have built up over the years.

Heres to a speedy return :beer:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yeh mate.. just as rich said.. youve done really well for Yorkshire and they have certainly improved greatly since you handled them.. i understand what you mean and its sad that has to happen..
Sad to see you go mate..but hopefully you will be back when you get more time!

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
See you mate, congrats on a job well done at Yorkshire, well managed:) In the long term, hope you get back here...

In short term...who replaces him?

Slats4ever

see you champ. i never got to play you but u've been here for ages and been a warrior for WCC. we'll miss you and come back soon

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
one of the longest serving managers, sorry to see you go mate.....

an academy manager will be contacted in the next few days as to who will be managing the Yorkshire side...

Mr. P

Shouldn't the job be offered to WCC managers first? Not that I would take it, but that's the norm usually...would I be right?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. P said:
Shouldn't the job be offered to WCC managers first? Not that I would take it, but that's the norm usually...would I be right?
yeh it will, but i doubt anyone will take it, most people are pretty happy with what they currently have.....