• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Previews 4 day Round 1

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
keep it up slats, its good stuff

bob carr told me a $1,000 maybe 500 is taken back to bob in tax lol!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
that's what i regret about saying it!!! but i'll take you outside MXTYP. I'll take you on in the garage
I'm sure I could take you comfortably. I may not be as... er... sizey, but I'm quicker and likely smarter. ;) That said, there would be not chance of me dropping you from the Reds side for anything other than lack of form or discrimination due to your haircut.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Division 4

ACT V Victoria.

Experts have been saying ACT by how much all week. I say how much of Harwoods and co's bowling can they stand before crumble. Victoria are definately the dark horses in this division and this game will be much closer than anticipated.

Victoria have their batting stars, with Matthew Elliot shining last time VC4 was used to sim, and with the addition of guys like Beasley and Webster to the middle order ACT's bowlers will have to bowl well. Guys like Laker and Ramage will have to support eachothe on this wicket and bowl well in partnerships. The Vic batting line up is experienced and if one end is weak they'll exploit that end and bat carefully up the other end and score a big total.

This season will say a lot about Lara and Ponting. They are crucial to this team, if they fire ACT will be unstoppable, if they struggle critics will say they're "over the hill" and ACT will lose games. This game is so important for these two and they know it, however they have one interesting variable making this proposition tough, Harwood. Already I believe he is WCC's most under rated bowler and probably WCC's best. I expect him to stand up here and really hurt ACT.

I'm tipping the upset here, Victoria have too many guys who thrive on tough games like this and they'll relish the under dog tag.

Leicstershire V Somerset

The two English cellar dwellars. It'll be interesting to see how both sides rebuilding there stocks will effect there on field performances. In my opinion I think that Somerset have got this one. They have a batting line up which has been proven in test cricket.

The only thing that's going to save Leicestershire here are the all round performances of Hollioake and Adams. Both have shown on their day that they are very capable bowlers but they must shine here... there's simply too much class in the Somerset batting line up. They must be on their toes in the field as well. Leicstershire have shown in the past that they can sometimes become lazy chasing balls and making crucial stops. New manager Cometer has made a huge effort in increasing the level of fielding since he's been at the club.

Leicesters' batting line up is littered with potential. The Underwood name is one which is synonnymous with cricket, this clash will prove whether the new Underwood has what it takes at the top level. He and the other batsman face a tough ask against the new Somerset bowling line up led by Kaneira.

My tip's Somerset by a few body lengths.

Colts V Karachi

Expect the biggest winning margin to come from this game. After last weeks poor showing in the OD arena Age Master has laid down the law early to his batsman. Any more poor batting efforts and there'll be no chances this year. This team is full of so much potential and a lot of them are now playing for their careers.

Sami and Pollock really hold the key to any chance of Karachi getting close. If Pollock can bowl like the cricketing world knows he can they have a chance. If they struggle expect hundreds from Pieterson, Laxman and Anderson, and expect the others to help out.

The Colts bowlers should also have a field day out there. Led by Bing Lee, there's 5 very good bowling options to be used and Anderson has proved that he's a good enough captain to handle any teams batting line up. It'll be interesting to see how the likes of Cook and Hawkins perform for their new team. If their pre season form is anything to go by then they will struggle.

Colts should really dominate here and win by lots. Karachi can only hope for a miracle... one that if it comes will only probably get them a draw at most.

Slats4ever

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm sure I could take you comfortably. I may not be as... er... sizey, but I'm quicker and likely smarter. ;) That said, there would be not chance of me dropping you from the Reds side for anything other than lack of form or discrimination due to your haircut.
Just cos Hitman's mullet is slightly longer than mine doesn't mean that I should be paid out. I'm doing my best to improve my image for the females and guys who discrimate me because it's not as good as Hitman's suck.

I'm working on Division 5 as we speak.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
Just cos Hitman's mullet is slightly longer than mine doesn't mean that I should be paid out. I'm doing my best to improve my image for the females and guys who discrimate me because it's not as good as Hitman's suck.

I'm working on Division 5 as we speak.
Haha, mine is just tops :P

Slats4ever

Division 5

Free State V Mashonaland

The two African teams both realistically looking for promotion this year. A good start in the first round will be important.

Unfortunately Mashonaland's manager has been held captive by a group of Elephants who are asking for $1 in return for him. Unfortunately no one thinks he's worth $1 so it looks like he's going to die.

Free State as a result should really take this one comfortably. There are no real outright stars in this years Free State side, just a lot of capable players. Whilst there isn't a great deal of experience in the team, there's a lot of class and Division 5 and Mashonaland is certainly a place that shouldn't test them out to much.

Guys like Williams and Ambrose will be looking to get their seasons off to good starts and they're the main dangers with the bat. It certainly is a tough middle order to crack.

Auckland V Northern Districts

Auckland will win this game, and win it comfortably. Along with Colts and Tamil Nadu they are the team who should be looking for an innings defeat. They really have turned their team into one capable of beating anyone. Their bowlers are their underlying strength, with Plummer and Liyange who are now joined by the likes of Kemp and Bravo. They will rattle the cages of Fleming and Smith, both who have stepped out this week and had a go back at the Auckland boys.

The Auckland bowlers have been encouraged to bowl quick and fast. It is rumoured that captain Campbell may even employ the bodyline tactics and hide his men behind square so he can't get no balled... IT'll be interesting to see how he does this.

ND's bowlers like Lacey and Zaheer Khan won't respond kindly to this attack on their batsman.... Believe you me they'll do their best to respond.

This match may lose it's cricketing interest and with tensions this high could possibly turn into a blood bath. Fists haven't flown in cricket for a long time but expect some this game... MXTY and DJellett are both arch rivals and won't have an issue with telling their bowlers to go for the throat and their batsman to use the bat.

A cricketing result will probably see Auckland getting up though with their bowlers doing most of the damage.

Guyana V Jamaica

Guyana have one goal this year. To impress in 4 day. I think there time has come in 4 day as well as OD. This round will see them show Jamaica that they may even be out've their depths in division 5.

I see the key really being in the bowlers from Guyana. The three main strike bowlers in Cole McKenzie and Perrera are all very seasoned professionals and will put Dippenaar and co under pressure. If they put the ball on the spot enough Jamaica will struggle. Jamaica's chances of a score rest entirely in their depth. They are capable down the order and if they concentrate all the way down the order they may post a respectable total.

Even if they get runs however the strong Guyana batting line up will chase hard. With star players joinging this line up, Ardley, Francis, Love and Jayawardene will wreck havoc. K Vaas is the man who has to stand up. If he doesn't the top order will flourish and the middle order will follow and the whole order will enjoy runs.

I can't see any way that Jamaica are going to win this game, Guyana are superior in every department and I feel that this is going to be the first game in Guyana's long road to success.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually think Guyana's goal is to win 1 Four day match this year...

Oh and thankyou Slats, you just turned the underdog tag over to me... I LOVE IT!!!!

You still wouldn't be seething at me over my comments on WP would you :p :p :p

Slats4ever

not a chance in hell. i sat down after crying for a while and realised that my time is so far ahead of yours that I don't wanna get bogged down thinking about you at all. I'm comparing myself to teams like Karnatak and Leicester at the moment. I don't waste my time with ACT.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAHAHA, you keep telling yourself MR Division 5 OD

HAHAHAHAHA

MR ND hit over 300 against us

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
I actually think Guyana's goal is to win 1 Four day match this year...

Oh and thankyou Slats, you just turned the underdog tag over to me... I LOVE IT!!!!

You still wouldn't be seething at me over my comments on WP would you :p :p :p

Damn straight. There will be non-stop partying in the streets if we win one game in four day.

Slats4ever

Go back to Manuka. The only thing good out've Canberra is........ oh yeah that's right Mal Meninga... that's about it sorry mate... I'll direct debit ten bucks in your account this year if you gain promotion in 4 day cricket... you have to give me 10 bucks if i avoid relegation in OD

Slats4ever

Mister Wright said:
Damn straight. There will be non-stop partying in the streets if we win one game in four day.
don't doubt the power of the oracle wrighty boy. ur side is good and don't let people like blewy make u feel bad.

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
Go back to Manuka. The only thing good out've Canberra is........ oh yeah that's right Mal Meninga... that's about it sorry mate... I'll direct debit ten bucks in your account this year if you gain promotion in 4 day cricket... you have to give me 10 bucks if i avoid relegation in OD
HaHa, you can't even get that right. Menigna isn't from Canberra, he is from Qld. :p

Slats4ever

i thought about that when i made the post but as far as i'm concerned he played for canberra and got his chance at canberra so he came from there.

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
i thought about that when i made the post but as far as i'm concerned he played for canberra and got his chance at canberra so he came from there.
HaHa. Again you're wrong. He got his chance playing in the Qld cup, and got recruited from there.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAHAHAHA and your wrong again, the only team i put down is yours, and thats cause they are over-rated... HAHAHAHAHAHA :p :p :p :p

Slats4ever

i wouldn't take that Mr Wright... Blewy's paying out your team. I'm not going to post nymore argumentative thoughts in this thread. I spent hours slaving away trying to do these match previews and blewy's making the thread ugly by posting all this litter.

DJellett

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
Division 5

Auckland V Northern Districts

Auckland will win this game, and win it comfortably. Along with Colts and Tamil Nadu they are the team who should be looking for an innings defeat. They really have turned their team into one capable of beating anyone. Their bowlers are their underlying strength, with Plummer and Liyange who are now joined by the likes of Kemp and Bravo. They will rattle the cages of Fleming and Smith, both who have stepped out this week and had a go back at the Auckland boys.

The Auckland bowlers have been encouraged to bowl quick and fast. It is rumoured that captain Campbell may even employ the bodyline tactics and hide his men behind square so he can't get no balled... IT'll be interesting to see how he does this.

ND's bowlers like Lacey and Zaheer Khan won't respond kindly to this attack on their batsman.... Believe you me they'll do their best to respond.

This match may lose it's cricketing interest and with tensions this high could possibly turn into a blood bath. Fists haven't flown in cricket for a long time but expect some this game... MXTY and DJellett are both arch rivals and won't have an issue with telling their bowlers to go for the throat and their batsman to use the bat.

A cricketing result will probably see Auckland getting up though with their bowlers doing most of the damage.
Since when are me and Mr. MixyPlixy rivals?