• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 - The Academy

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Academy series will kick off in the next few weeks and it looks as though we have managers for every team now!
The Outline is as follows

14 teams

Each team will play each other in 1d and 4d

Rookies will be guaranteed a minimum of 7 games each

Teams will be based in various cities around the world, including Cairo, Olso,
Berlin to name a few.

Academy managers will have the same control over sides as normal managers do, just without a draft and trading

Academy managers will be contacted in the next 48 hours to confirm their teams.

if anyone needs more info let me know..

cheers
Simon and the WCC Board

Last edited:

Simon

this is the list of teams for the Academy season, ill post where each persons rookie is playing soon.....

Teams

Amsterdam
Athens
Barcelona
Bejing
Berlin
Cairo
Denver
Dublin
Lisbon
Montreal
Moscow
Oslo
Paris
Rome

nibbs

International Captain
South America misses out :-O . where's the rainbow of tolerance when you need it :mellow:

Simon

South America isnt on WCC's hit list at the moment. We are looking to expand the game in european, asian and north american places that we feel we can establish a strong hold....
A few more Asian sides just missed out on a team this time round and we went with Cairo and Oslo instead...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
South America isnt on WCC's hit list at the moment. We are looking to expand the game in european, asian and north american places that we feel we can establish a strong hold....
A few more Asian sides just missed out on a team this time round and we went with Cairo and Oslo instead...
I feel sorry for Kenya. I thought Nairobi would be a big chance for the academy.

Simon

maybe next year, but this year we decided to go with some places that havent seen much cricket that would benefit the most....

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
maybe next year, but this year we decided to go with some places that havent seen much cricket that would benefit the most....
Nothing of the sort. You just picked cities that have hosted the Olympics, pretty lazy Simon, only effort you put in was finding out where Denver is... :p

Last edited:

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Nothing of the sort. You just picked cities that have hosted the Olympics, pretty lazy Simon, only effort you put in was finding out where Denver is... :p
when did Cairo and Dublin host the olympics?!?!
i did think long and hard about the spots to put the teams and no every city can have one ;)

Simon

blewy i just sent u an email to finalise the academy info, can u please respond ASAP so i can get things sorted....

delkap

State Vice-Captain
I am Montreal's manager..

When does the academy season kick off ? What date I mean..
Thanks..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Good luck to all our new Academy managers...

I hope you enjoy WCC, and are all in for the Long haul..

Simon

Mister Wright said:
For my sake, I hope it is 7 games for each form.
yes, its definately 7 in each form, good news is 13 of the 14 teams are now filled, so ill have the finalising email out in the next few hours....

Simon

friendly results will be posted here very soon, the competition is set to kick off at the same time as WCC week 2....